T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u use to scoop out your plastisol ink? Anything make it easy or less messy? Just curious. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
192 Posts
we use stainless steel spatulas with wooden handles. They're good for stirring, mixing, and just pulling ink out. There are little manipulations to learn though. You stick the spatula in and stir up the ink, then you "collect" a bunch on the end and scoop it out. You need to watch the ink while you pull it out or it may run and fall on the floor - not good. You can twist your wrist to make the ink stay on the spatula until you get it to where you want it. The you just "wipe" it off of the spatula onto the screen. Don't push the ink through the mesh or you'll get a mess on the next print.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought Wilton cake decorating spatulas with plastic handles from Wal-Mart. They are cheaper than the "ink spatulas" I found online. Great for mixing and scooping.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I use those free paint stick stirrers you get from Lowes or Home depot. I am always in there anyway so I usually grab a hand full every time. I do have some plastic ones and metal ones but these are great as I don't have to clean them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts