T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you all for all of your help with my Cafepress store. I still haven't made any money, but my personal website is being designed and once that is up I will link my cafepress store to it and then advertise every chance I get (with a two month old at home ). I am understanding how my store works now, but I am still not super happy with the quality of my text. I have a great looking product in Photoshop but then when I upload the image to Cafepress, it looks smaller on the shirt. ALso, what is the best way to save text (JPEG or something else? What about photo images? Any help on creating the image would be appreciated.
Silverbolt

·
Registered
120 Posts
You need to save them and send them as PNG files, 200 dpi (dots per inch/pixels per inch) on a 10 by 10 template (usually).

Cafe Press images are not of actual shirts...it's just a rendering of what the shirt MAY look like. It may be a bigger portion of the shirt in real life, and it may look very different. I'd be sure to try to maximize the image as much as possible within that 10 x 10 framework if it looks too small. Go right up to the edge.

Be sure to start with it as a PSD document at 200 dpi, make sure that you create the image in the exact real size for the item (usually 10 x 10), and make sure that you save it as a PNG straight from a PSD.:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey, silverbolt, could you put a link to your store so that we could see the problem more closely? It has occured to me that it could also be the type of font, the way you are treating it color-wise, etc. that could be giving you trouble...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes, PNG is the best format you can use to save your designs. It will take much more space than a JPEG image but the quality it's way better. Even Cafepress recomends PNG.

Also you can save an image with transparent background in PNG... try to save one in JPEg and see what happends.

I use only Photoshop to create my designs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, you need to be aware that CP only accepts RGB color images for upload, but the process they use to print shirts is CMYK. So you should design in CMYK and do a test print. When you are happy, convert to RGB and upload. It may look different on-screen, but will should print closer to your CMYK version.

Also, every print process has its own quarks so its almost impossible to predict even with test prints EXACTLY how it will look on a shirt, tote bag, coffee mug, etc.

But using CMYK to start, should get you closer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
are you familiar with phototshop, if not, use some simple and mature image software to save image. and for this kind of image, png seems pretty good. here is a tutorial for image saving, it can save image to file or website. take a look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts