T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a site that has a lot of cool shirts (at least in my opinion). It's 40 Cool T-Shirt Designs | Ikab-Mag . I'm using those shirts as kinda inspiration for shirt designs (mostly the giraffe and city, Panda head, and the "red spatter" with birds), but don't know the best, cheapest way to print. What would you say is the best (cheapest but longest lasting, etc) way to print those types of shirts?

I know I'm a noob at t-shirt printing but if I can practice the technique I'll end up using the most in the future, it'll save a lot of time =)

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
'Cheapest' and 'best' don't often go together. So don't be surprised when you learn that the best is not cheap and the cheapest is not the best.

Many of the shirts in that link are professionally screen printed with water based and discharge inks. The designs that cover most of the shirt are called 'all-over' prints. That is considered a high-end technique and not all printshops have the capability to do it.

In my opinion, screen printing is the best method for printing shirts. It can be cost effective, but it depends on the number of colors in the design and how many shirts of each design are being printed. It probably will not be cost effective to get started if you are looking to do your own printing. I would suggest finding a local screen print shop and getting some price quotes.

In the event that your specs don't work out for screen printing, look into direct to garment printing or heat transfers. Heat transfers will probably be the cheapest way to get started if you wanted to print them yourself.

You can also read up on the different print methods here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t37985.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts