T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I print with vinyl, and screen printed transfers. I had a person come in asking for 16 shirts, but they have a 4 color logo that can't be done with vinyl. I could get screen printed transfers made, but they are left chest logo, so I would purchase 16, and have like 100 left chest logo sized prints. Also, the price would be very high for them. With that method, I would have to quote $17.58 a shirt. Do you think that is reasonable, or is there a better method? Thanks!

· Registered
10,342 Posts
We normally want 12 shirts per color per location. Otherwise the price is very high.

· Registered
158 Posts
Hello Guys,

I print with vinyl, and screen printed transfers. I had a person come in asking for 16 shirts, but they have a 4 color logo that can't be done with vinyl. I could get screen printed transfers made, but they are left chest logo, so I would purchase 16, and have like 100 left chest logo sized prints. Also, the price would be very high for them. With that method, I would have to quote $17.58 a shirt. Do you think that is reasonable, or is there a better method? Thanks!
Jarod,
Have you looked into digital prints? Some of the preferred vendors also create digital prints to be transferred onto garments. They are full color, may have a little heavier hand than screen printing. The cost is based on the size of the design. The cost for 16 logos for the chest would not be that expensive, particularly compared to creating four screens for only 16 shirts. Is there any possibility that they might want a few more shirts done after the fact? I ask this because there is a minimum cost for these transfers and if you need 1 or 2 more a month later the cost would prohibitive. You might want to order a couple of extra if that might happen. Hope this helps.

Dane

· Registered
3,145 Posts
If it's 4 spot colors, I would screen print it. I'd charge full price for the four screens and charge enough shirt markup and print costs to make the small job worth the amount of time you'll spend. For that quantity, the cost per shirt should come out less than DTG and the print quality would be better.

Also, see if you can alter the logo to print as a 2 color job and give the customer a price option for that. Often a dramatically lower price will encourage them to change their expectations.

If it's 4-c process, I'd definitely go DTG.

I've often thought that many designers fail to consider printing costs when designing logos. A four color logo might look cool, but then the customer has to pay for a four color print job for everything they need (unless it can be done digitally...)

· Registered
349 Posts
If they want to see all four colors in the design, make the shirt act like a color. Then it's 3 colors - cheaper and easier to manage.

I would suggest screen printing, DTG, or finding someone that can print digital transfers for you to press. Compare prices and pick the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.