T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am just starting out and hoping that someone with more experience could throw in their 2 cents?

I have an idea for shorts and I'm not sure what the best approach would be.

I have a design for a pair of juniors shorts in mind. At first I thought I may have to go the cut & sew route but after thinking it through I realized that it would be easier/cheaper to just buy blank shorts then embellish them in house myself. I want to do a collection of different colors - so I thought it would be very expensive to have the same shorts made in every size for each of these colors - that maybe what I should do is just buy white shorts in all of the sizes and dye them the colors I want.

But my problem is finding these white shorts!
I want something like these:
http://zoom.jcpenney.com/is/image/D...i=380&wid=380&op_usm=.4,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp2

Juniors - cute style - spandex/cotton blend so there is some stretch. Or if I can't find something like those - just a nice pair of white denim shorts are ok too.

I see TONS of blank shorts - but they are all basics - more like sports shorts - or cheer shorts. Would I have to look somewhere else for the type of shorts I want? Or would I actually have to go the cut & sew route and just have them make me some plain white shorts?

Also - if I have to go with cut & Sew - would they most likely have some stock juniors shorts patterns that I could use and go straight into production? I'm not looking to redesign the wheel here - the important part/selling point of these shorts is going to be the embellishments that we do in house.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your input!

I do not have a pattern right now. However I do have a pair of shorts that are really close to what I want and could probably get a pattern from them. I don't want poly or board shorts. I really want a cotton/spandex blend. Something more formal? With some construction? Pockets, a zipper or button fly.

Thanks for the website link - I'll look into those. The only problem is their buttons have the brand name engraved into them - but I could probably get blank buttons and switch them out. I'd really prefer a made in USA product.

I'm going to try a few cut & sew places and ask them about their blanks. Some seem to have a large catalog of existing blanks - and maybe they will have a close match...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.