T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T-Shirt printing has been a hobby for me since high school, but never a business. I made my own silk screens, and small runs of shirts for softball teams etc. thru the years.

Now I want to make a couple of shirts for my 9-year old daughter and myself for an upcoming Jethro Tull concert, and I want to use the Inkjet transfer approach. I have already figured out that high quality opaque transfer paper is a must, (for black shirts), but I am stuck on the ink issue. MagicMix and Dura-brite are mentioned alot in the forums, but they all seem to be associated with Epson printers. Can I buy quality, lasting ink for an HP or Lexmark printer? I made a couple of shirts for a Barenaked Ladies concert several years ago and the ink faded completely after 3 or 4 washings. Help!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi Toltar, Welcome.

You didn't mention if you already have a heat press or not. Assuming you do, and you want to make more than a few, you could always pick up an Epson printer for under $90 (C86) that uses the Durabrite inks. You might see if a friend has an Epson you could use for a few personal tees. I don't really know if you can get pigmented ink for the HP or not. Another option might be to have some plasticol transfers made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts