T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Just checking to see what everyone thinks is some of the best water based inks. However i would love to switch to plastisol but i do not have a flash dryer only a heat gun.

thanks for any suggestions.

thanks

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
among the favorites on this board are Matsui and Permaset. Do a search on these two at the top of this page and you will get the full story on all of the professional waterbased inks available.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey everyone,
Just checking to see what everyone thinks is some of the best water based inks. However i would love to switch to plastisol but i do not have a flash dryer only a heat gun.

thanks for any suggestions.

thanks
Actually, I started my screen printing career with Plastisol inks and a heat gun. Neither the Permaset or Matsui ink lines are intended to be air dried....so you would still need some way of curing the inks.

The Matsui 301 RC line of inks can be air dried but they are not intended to work this way. The best sample of air dried prints I saw were printed and set with a heat gun and then they were allowed to dry for 3-4 days on a clothes line in someone's backyard in the middle of summer in SoCal. After all that, they held up extremely well to washing.

I would say that maybe a combination of a heat gun and a tumble dryer with the RC inks would be enough to cure them. Definately do wash testing though.

The key is to evapourate all of the water content from the ink.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts