T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you consider the best quality of printing (screen printing, iron on, plastisol, direct printing, etc.) on the ladies cotton/spandex type form fitting shirts? I'm think the heat transfer wont be well because it would crack as the shirt streches or is washed and streched, but I'm not sure. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
When you say 'heat transfer' are you talking about digital transfers or plastisol?

If you use plastisol transfers, they can be applied. But your printer will need to add a stretch additive to the ink.

·
Registered
50 Posts
.... that makes sense, adding a layer of adhesive (like an extra color/screen charge) to the back of the plastisol type iron-on. You can also stretch the shirt 10-15% during application....it weRkz for me. Mind you that nothing would help an XS shirt worn by a 2XL person....LOL

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hold on, "Iron all" heat transfers stretch. I use them on ribbed cotton tees in fact I am making one for my wife tonight. If you using a opaque transfer, yes that will crack but that is only on dark colors. if you never used Iron all I suggest you try some samples.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts