T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Tshirts are you guys using for All over sublimation that works pretty well, and when i say works pretty well im meaning in terms of laying flat all the way around, specially around the arm areas, i see that Gildan 42000 dont lay flat in all areas. or maybe theres a method that you are using, if so please discuss that as well.

·
Banned
532 Posts
You need to be a little careful and know your target market. The shirts that lay the flattest are more of a box fit. For general novelty type shirts may be perfect. If your market is more of the upper end fashion fit then you will always have void issues unless you design around them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont see why the manufacturers havnt seen the need to make poly shirts that lay flat specially under the arm areas, i think there is a huge huge market for this type shirt and specially for people like myself who print all over shirts.

·
Banned
532 Posts
I dont see why the manufacturers havnt seen the need to make poly shirts that lay flat specially under the arm areas, i think there is a huge huge market for this type shirt and specially for people like myself who print all over shirts.
I think you have three issues off the top of my head.
1. Dye Sub market too small
2. You have to create a really box like shirt meaning the fit my not be great.
3. A cut and sew shirt really only cost about a buck or two more than a quality dye sub blank

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks so my, i was thinking about trying Monag i saw them at a show that i went too, but my main supplier statonwhole is only a day away, if i order today i get them on tomorrow, so that was my one draw back with them

·
Registered
348 Posts
Chiming in on this with hopes it will not be taken the wrong way.

It's not so much that the shirts are the problem as there is a problem with selling the natural characteristic that come WITH the technology.

Full Coverage t-shirts have been around for quite a while now and the market every year seems to get a little bit bigger. With that stated, most people, that contact us, understand that fully imaged shirts on pre-fabricated shirts will have some voids in key areas that are just about unavoidable (Pun Intended :) )

We have been in the market with these shirts about 8 years (total business 12+) and 100% of our clients expect the voids. 50% desire them! (that's another story)

The boom in dye sublimated women's apparel with large voids throughout the imaged dress, skirt, etc for the last couple of years actually did everyone in the full coverage dye sub arena a BIG favor. It put dye sub in an international spotlight. We marketed that like CRAZY!

It is my suggestion that you not try to figure out a way to make a bulldozer into a dump truck and then get upset when the industry doesn't make a conversion kit. :)

Give your customers options. We sell tons of full coverage shirts because we tell newbie customers about the 'natural characteristics' while informing them of ALL the benefits of full coverage dye sub. If they don't desire to have those 'character benefits', we inform them of cut and sew options and those price points. What do we do after that? Nothing! We shut up and turn on the jeopardy thinking music.

We learned not to over sell a tomato to people who really desire a potato. Just work with what is the best available garment for your customer's needs and comfort, image it to the best of your ability and that is their choice take it or leave it.

I will co-sign that most shirts that image without voids are cut like a box and very uncomfortable (active people) and unflattering (as ladies say)

Again, sell the characteristics for what they are, get innovative with your designs, even get innovative with post-press finishing. Whatever you do, don't get so caught up in what isn't available....focus on what is. #BusinessWisdom

Hope this helps,

Jae

·
Banned
532 Posts
Props to JAE for his approach as from our experience it is not the norm for people selling full coverage premade shirts.

The black eye of full coverage on premade shirts is caused by the people producing them. At best the majority of them bury the void issue in small print and try to rename the term void to be some kind of positive.

Go to any site selling full coverage shirts and what you will see 99% of the time is a perfect shirt that is photographed to avoid showing the voids. This is what people see and expect when they order only to get it in the mail to see voids.

If customers prefer voids, which to me is insanity, then why not show the voids on websites?

JAE hit it on the head as if you set the customers expectations at the very beginning of the process and meet/exceed those expectations you have customers for life. If you misrepresent the end product with photos then you end up with a mess.

·
Registered
348 Posts
....if you set the customers expectations at the very beginning of the process and meet/exceed those expectations you have customers for life. If you misrepresent the end product with photos then you end up with a mess.
^^^Exactly!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.