T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mighty Press and am wondering which transfer paper gets the best results on this press for light and dark tshirts. I am in Canada so it has to be paper I can get here as well.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
You might try Joto Paper. Their paper for dark garments seems to work well on polys and cotton garments. Stahls Canada is another option for you. I believe they carry either the Inktra brand or the Transjet II for light colors.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I use Iron all from New Milford photo and I am waiting on an order of Mira Cool which I know several (sue)others use. it is for light. it gets a really soft feel and stretches and can be iron over. I get Blue grid opaque from Coastal for darks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
aboveseven said:
I have a Mighty Press and am wondering which transfer paper gets the best results on this press for light and dark tshirts. I am in Canada so it has to be paper I can get here as well.
Hey Maggie,

Any luck in finding good transfer papaer in Toronto ?
If you did pls let me know where

If not... where did u end up going with?

Thanks

:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
badalou said:
I use Iron all from New Milford photo and I am waiting on an order of Mira Cool which I know several (sue)others use. it is for light. it gets a really soft feel and stretches and can be iron over. I get Blue grid opaque from Coastal for darks.
I'm having a frustrating time using Mira's Iron All. Everything is peeling into my printer and I had to actually exchange my printer with a new one. Is there a special way to use that paper? Is it superior to Milford's regular light-color paper?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Clinton said:
I'm having a frustrating time using Mira's Iron All. Everything is peeling into my printer and I had to actually exchange my printer with a new one. Is there a special way to use that paper? Is it superior to Milford's regular light-color paper?
Check out this recent video tutorial starring our own badalou:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=5286

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Aye, from what I've heard MiraCool is pretty tempermental, but the quality is great once you figure it out.

Another alternative you might try is the Transjet II/Magic Jet paper which is a quality paper (likely not quite as good as MiraCool, however) that is a lot easier to use.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Another alternative you might try is the Transjet II/Magic Jet paper which is a quality paper (likely not quite as good as MiraCool, however) that is a lot easier to use.
I just tried some transjet ll and find it very easy to work with. It is a rougher feel than Miracool or Iron all but I don't think it will distroy your printer. I probably have been one of the biggest pushers of Iron All paper here.
I truly believe that if your going to be in this business you need to test products to find what is suitable for you. I have adapted with the iron All and Mira Cool after trying a lot of others and finding either I did not use it right or they just don't work for me or my clients.
There are companies out there that will send you samples of papers they sell. if they don't then pass and go somewhere else. But again as I have said many, many times. Test, test, test.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts