T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
may i know from the experts out there on what brand of tshirt they are using on heat transfer prints? and maybe give me some idea on what brand of tees should i use, i want to start this business but on a small scale only, and i do want to start right...

and from searching from the online stores, i do find this tees and i want your comment on these tees, HANES 5180, GILDAN 2000 Or ANVIL 976.:confused:

and i prefer white because they are cheaper than colored.

thanks...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Like Rodney said they are both good shirts. I prefer Hanes to Gildan just because of the cut though. Gildans sleeves are more flared and aren't shaped to your arm like Hanes.

I would be careful about only doing white shirts because most people wear colored shirts, especially black. I know Phil on the boards offers both white and black shirts with his tshirtsamurai site which is a good idea since you give people a choice and won't lose a customer because they don't wear white shirts, or black for that matter.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Best way to choose you shirt is t buy samples of different brands and wash and wear. Then decide which one you want. Dont let others tell you what is good or not. Some people feel that american apparel and alternative apparel are like each other. I have both and feel the American brand is far better quality. In other words "One man's meat, is another man's poison".

·
Registered
140 Posts
I,ve got my "yard work" tees in the closet. A set of all brands I printed with a company logo about 2 years ago. All have been washed and worn about the same. The Hanes seems to have held up the best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Have found That my Customers Prefer Gildan and the Cost from our distributors Gauss Sales in Rochester,is Great...Like Hanes Too..But Customers are asking for and Liking Gildan..It Prints Excellent Cotton or 50/50...Good Luck in Your Biz!!
NewYorkSportswear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts