T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is great for all T-shirt moguls. From what I read it seems most people prefer to use Heavy, thick, beefy....or whatever you want to call it over soft lighter t-shirts. The assumption seems to be that they are of better quality. From my experience with buying T's at retail shops, I feel most T-shirts out there are light and of good quality. Polo, Nautica, Gap, Guess all mostly use lighter shirts. I have had some of theese for over 2 years and still look great.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I find that lower gram / oz t-shirts tend to crumple, and get out of shape quicker when put on. You can go quite low in weight i.e. 130gm, I've tried them myself and the customer experience wasn't as great.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I like the heavy weight shirts but I know many retailers agree that just because it's heavy doesn't necessarily make the quality any better. I agree with the crumpling comment though, heavier shirts don't crease as easy.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
One thing I noticed with lighter shirts (specifically, some crappy 5-pack Walmart Fruit of the Loom shirts I got a fair while back when I was just doing some iron-on stuff for myself) is they seem to attract dirt and cat hair (I have severaql cats) a whole lot more than the heavier Gildan Ultras I'm currently using. Its annoying =)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased a black swiss army T-shirt (light,%100 cotton) two years ago and still wear it today. I purchased a hanes black beefy T, lasted me less than 4 months before bad fade and crumpling neck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Zoo York T-Shirt which I bought about 5 years ago. It is a light shirt that is a 50% polyester/50% cotton blend and is my favorite shirt. I still wear it weekly/bi-weekly. I wish more companies made shirts that feel like this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts