T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting into the business, and I am looking for the best supplier out there (i.e. Reliable, good inventory and good pricing). The plan is basic Gildan's/Hanes for standard screen prints (Commercial-side) and Bella Canvas/Next Level/Port & Company etc. for "Premium" as well as my apparel line.

Is Threadsy as good as it gets? Any advice for a newbie?

· Registered
4,496 Posts
Alpha Broder is the 3rd major. Not sure where their closest warehouse is relative to you, but like S&S they cover the country.

As noted, supply chain is still messed up. Some brands have managed to keep their main styles in their main colors well stocked (like Next Level 3600). But venture into other styles and colors and X+++ sizing, and you may be SOL.

Other than Port & Company, which is a SanMar brand, all the majors carry what you listed. TSC was the 4th major. S&S bought them and closed them down last year ... or maybe the year before ... can't keep track. Anyway, down to 3 majors.

· Administrator
18,439 Posts
Thanks, yall! Is S&S and AlphaBroder about the same price as Threadsy (ie ~ $2.75 for Gildan 2000)?
It's against forum rules to reveal a wholesaler's confidential pricing.

Suffice to say, a true wholesaler will have lower pricing than a company like Threadsy who appears to be a retail site. I've never heard of them before so I can's say for sure. But retail apparel sites are a dime a dozen. They are fine for smaller orders because of their low free shipping threshold. But for bulk/case orders a true wholesaler gives you the best pricing.

· Registered
19 Posts
Hey Newbie!
Gildan has always been the favorite amongst screen printers.
As far as the best suppliers, most will list their inventory and prices on their website when you register with them.
And yes..............Bella Canvas/Next Level and Port & Company are good choices!
Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.