T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting a casual apparel co. and starting with 12 designs (6 men/6 women). I will like to know if anyone can provide me a good list of vendors who could sell me some blanks and others that sell already treated t's. Obviously looking, preferrably, for a factory direct seller.

Don't bite me on my question - I am new here - and would certainly appreciate help.

My idea is to purchase locally as probably China wouldn't make sense - since I am buying under 5,000 t-shirts. I have thought initially of doing the screen printing locally and therefore also looking for printing vendors - reliable and not to expensive - around Miami area.

Summary of what I would like to receive as information (help):
1) List of top blank tshirt vendors - factory direct vendors (Combed cotton - 160 grams per square meter). I would purchase from 1000 to 5000 only.

2) List of top treated tshirt vendors - factory direct vendors (Combed cotton - 160 grams per square meter). Looking for the washed looks, tatooed looks, etc.

3) List of top printing vendors - preferably around Miami area - or if you suggest elsewhere ? The idea is to enable printing locally so I can fulfill initially from Miami. A second list may be useful to understand who could help me once the sales increase dramatically.

Help ! New here ! :)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
1) List of top blank tshirt vendors - factory direct vendors (Combed cotton - 160 grams per square meter). I would purchase from 1000 to 5000 only.
Try places like American Apparel, Royal Apparel, Continental Clothing, Alternative Apparel, Article1, Bare Apparel, Pacific Sports, etc.

2) List of top treated tshirt vendors - factory direct vendors (Combed cotton - 160 grams per square meter). Looking for the washed looks, tatooed looks, etc.
I don't know too many that do this. The most notable with the specialty washes would be Bare Apparel. After that, I think Alternative Apparel may have a few specialty washed shirts.

3) List of top printing vendors - preferably around Miami area - or if you suggest elsewhere ? The idea is to enable printing locally so I can fulfill initially from Miami. A second list may be useful to understand who could help me once the sales increase dramatically.
Since so many of our members are screen printers, we generally don't give out recommendations in the main forum areas to avoid self promotional posts.

You can look through our T-Shirt Printing Referrals area to see many t-shirt printers that have been recommended before or make a post of your own so that others can recommend printers for you.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/referr...t-your-t-shirt-printing-design-requests-here/

Additionally, I would suggest that you look into the overall process of getting t-shirts screen printed. While some blank t-shirt wholesalers may sell to you, you may find that many will only sell to screen printers. You may have better luck looking around for screen printer that you want to work with and then see if they can get you a good deal on the blanks through their existing wholesale accounts. Some screen printers can get better pricing than a regular "customer" could get talking to the same blank t-shirt wholesaler. You could also check to see if you can provide your own blanks to the screen printer (usually called contract printing or customer supplied garments) and see if they charge any extra for that.

Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that 1000-5000 t-shirts is a lot to start out with. Sure, some clothing lines do it, but many start much smaller and grow as the demand for their product grows and reinvest their profits back into their business.

I don't know you, so I won't make any assumptions --you could have the best business plan and marketing sense in the world -- but just in case you don't, I would suggest having a solid business plan, marketing plan, marketing budget in place if you are planning to start that big.

Hope this helps :)

:welcome:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodney - indeed it does help. What do you think is a safe starting # of t-shirts to print per unique design ?

Also - what do you think are the most common sizes that sell - that I should concentrate on. I was thinking starting on women with (S, M, L) and men (M, L, XL) - thoughts ?

Finally - and last question - hopefully today - Do you reccomend a vendor that I could use to provide me with (t-shirt design software and printing capability on the tshirts my customers opt to design (or from my posted designs on my web)- allowing me to make a mark-up - margin on the t-shirts the customers order to make a profit and keep the end price competitive. Mostly need the online design tool on the front end (to apply it to my protal) and if they have a good e-commerce/fulfilment capability (printing, purchasing ability and fullfillment to my customer) . Three top choices to review will definately be great to have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts