T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another question from a Noob :)
What shirts do you guys like to use in regards to those pesky little sticking up fibers. I'm guessing that some shirts are better than others concerning this problem. Some might be more prone to those little monsters.
Right now I'm liking the feel of the 6.1 Haynes 5250- and even with the methods described here in the forums (shake out shirt, heat press the shirt out for a sec or two, remove then- light mist of water, add the correct amount of pre-treat, back on the heat press, brush/roll down the shirt, place down the quilan parchment, heat press for 10 secs, remove the parchment, heat press again for 10 secs, good to print) and I'm still having problems (with black shirts using the white undercoat).
I fully believe I've got a good feel of spraying the correct amount of pre-treat. During printing and after curing (330 for 180 secs), the shirts look great except those dang little white fibers sticking up here and there.
Do the shirts matter much or am I still (guess this part is obvious ;)) missing something to flatten out them little buggers...
What shirts work best for you (brand and item numbers)?
Always- BIG THANKS!!!! :)

Thomas @ Ka-Blam

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BobbieLee- you're becoming my best friend :) ! Great advice every time!
Come to think of it, I'm pressing slighty heavy. I'll back off the pressure- Same low pressure for both the pre-treat and curing?
But pixelwhisperer, those Haynes Beefy Tees are so soft :). Thanks for passing on the sticky fiber issue with the Beefys.

Thomas @ Ka-Blam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.