T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
For the basis tees, the gildan ultra cotton 6.1 oz work the best as far as fibrilation. I also like American Apparels 2001 for the higher end tees. Those are the 2 different shirts I use the most. One thing that may cause this issue is if you are using to much pressure on our press when curing the ink after printing. If there is to much pressure it can put the white up thru the color and cause this look. I cure my shirts with the lightest of pressure. Using light pressure also helps the shirt to cure better as it helps let the moisture escape.

Reactions: Florimonte

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hi Brian,

I dont know if it is so much that it helps with fibrilation so much, as it seems to help bond the ink better to the fabric, therefore staying brighter and washing better. I know when I use the fast color, the colors are more vibrant and wash much better then without. I dont use it all the time as it is another process that most times is not necessary, but on higher end stuff I do use it. Also alot of times the result is going to depend on the inkset you are using. I myself am still using the old R & H inks, so dont know to much of what the results are from the other inks out there right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.