T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I usually go with Anvil 967 I think or Gildan 2000, Hate Hanes.. to undershirt looking in my opinion

I think I will now go with Anvil, even though I was always a Gildan guy because I think fibers seem a little tighter and its 30 cents cheaper a shirt : )

High end stuff I use Hype shirts, love them.. high quality cotton and print results seem a little better because of way inks seem to obsorb into fabric

Kid stuff can be a pain with those button and seams, ain't a pro there but Bobbie can give you a good insight on that problem
do you have a link for those Hype shirts, can't seem to find them on the web, i googled all possible combinations, "hype apparel", "hype clothing" "hype t-shirts" etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanx guys, it seems that Hyp only gets distributed in the US, not Europe so not for me.
Does anyone know if it's better to use a 95%cotton/5%spandex composition t-shirt in order to avoid fibrilation? It seems to me that the Hanes tees that have this mixed composition have a smoother surface thus would be less prone to fibres sticking up after printing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you're definitely right, it is limiting. The thing is we're talking about water-based screenprinting, not DTG. The screenprinter made this sample prints for me, and didn't pass the shirts in an oven or a heatpress or anything, saying that they dry out almost instantly. I am a designer, not a screenprinter but i have gathered that you almost always need to heat-set your print, whatever the tecnique.
I am kind of buffled here...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.