T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there and Merry Christmas!
Which is the best settings to cut Oracal 651 with Cameo 3
Currently I use 3 knife 4 speed 3 pressure but if I want to cut little letters this combination isn't good!
Thanks a lot
I have tried yesterday to cut a 6x3 cm design but the results was not so great (see attachment)

Attachments

· Registered
4,705 Posts
i use 3-5-5 for mine (blade 3 pressure 5 speed 5)
you should not see any lines at all in the carrier sheet

this is where test cuts are handy
cut one, adjust settings, manually move cutter blade to the right of the first test-cut (use the arrows in studio), and re-test
continue on until you have it dialed-in, then save settings as 'decal' in studio,
now it is always available to you without test cuts (i also keep a hard-copy notebook of settings in case of computer malfunction)

Merry Christmas to you and yours Kostas
(is there Christmas schnitzel made with turkey?)

and Merry Christmas to you and yours as well Dekzion
you have been a great help to me

· Registered
1,600 Posts
double cut!
i forgot about that
I do use double cut sometimes, but mainly for cutting photo's out for lockets etc.
I have found that if cutting text like olde worlde stuff a double cut can lift out the small bits and they end up all over the place including around the blade

· Registered
1,069 Posts
I kind of ignored your Cameo 3 reference. My cutter is probably the original Cameo, in case that makes a difference.

Derek, good point about the double cut. I always double cut, but it's worth noting that it could cause more problems on more detailed cuts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.