T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What styles of shirts seem to be the best selling - tanks, ringers, etc…

Also, if people wouldn't mind, could you post a link or two to your best selling products. I think this would help us all in gauging what is popular at the moment.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
You can also use the keyword selector tool (http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/) to give you an idea. Searching for t-shirt, for examples, gives the following as the top items:

133976 wet t shirt
106606 animal t shirt
96119 cat t shirt
59926 funny t shirt
50041 bird t shirt
42272 the apprentice t shirt
42205 wet t shirt contest
35763 custom t shirt
34328 dog t shirt
32248 wolf t shirt
28841 dolphin t shirt
25812 vintage t shirt
19909 wholesale t shirt
19440 tiger t shirt

·
Registered
10 Posts
DesignEverything said:
What styles of shirts seem to be the best selling - tanks, ringers, etc…

Also, if people wouldn't mind, could you post a link or two to your best selling products. I think this would help us all in gauging what is popular at the moment.
I did some research on ebay last week. I typed in tshirt, then searched how many bids. The most bids were for old, vintage tees. It seemed like ebay tshirt buyers dont buy regular tshirts much. They seem to like vintage OZZY rock band tees etc...

Hope this helps..

Seth

·
Registered
402 Posts
That would tally up with the stats in my zeitgeist as well. I personally love retro vintage style tees :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I read the first part of your posting, I got the impression that you were asking what to print on. What material, style, colors, thickness, seasonal type, etc., of shirt seems to sell the best, (for both males and females). Do certain types of shirts appeal to certain age groups, etc., etc?

I do not think that I saw that answered. I myself would be interested in that answer.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
When I read the first part of your posting, I got the impression that you were asking what to print on. What material, style, colors, thickness, seasonal type, etc., of shirt seems to sell the best, (for both males and females). Do certain types of shirts appeal to certain age groups, etc., etc?
That's funny. When I first read the original question, I thought he was asking about what "designs" sell best, but after reading it again, it does sound like he's asking about the garment style that sells best.

I'm sure it varies from market to market and what products you have available, but I've found that the standard "unisex" t-shirt seems to be the best overall seller (hanes beefy/tagless, american apparel 2001, etc). Next up would be either a hooded sweatshirt or a ladies fitted tee like the Bella style 1001 or American Apparel style 4305.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I searched for "cat t-shirts" on froogle. There were 16,000 results. So I guess they're very popular. How come there aren't any cat t-shirts on T-Shirt Countdown or any other cute animal t-shirts? It's all funny/offensive stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I thought I originally found out about Paper Plain's t-shirts through T-shirt Countdown? Anyone else know if they're on there?

I've also seen a *lot* of peace/love and religion t-shirts on T-shirt Countdown, so it's definitely not all in what is considered the funny/offensive genre.

Also don't forget Froogle will give you an indication of what people are trying to sell, not necessarily reflect what the market is actually buying.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does anyone know where 80stees (vintage,ect) may get their shirts. I read his site and he said he buys them from a supplier. Guess we would all be jumping on that bandwagon if we could.

·
Registered
9 Posts
cafegirl said:
Hi there,

My best selling design is of the New Pope: Ich Liebe Papa Ratzi but that hasn't sold in a while now.

I have good hopes for my Funky Kats Kollektion. They are getting a lot of attention, according to my web stats and I think they are really fun for kids. So far no buyers though.
CafeGirl
Am happy to report that my Funky Kats are certainly selling now... ; )

CafeGirl

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Bougie said:
I searched for "cat t-shirts" on froogle. There were 16,000 results. So I guess they're very popular. How come there aren't any cat t-shirts on T-Shirt Countdown or any other cute animal t-shirts? It's all funny/offensive stuff.
Did you click on the "animal" category? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
The standard t shirt design is our biggest seller. Of our different
designs, they all do pretty well, but our new art shirts have sold
very well at festivals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can also use the keyword selector tool (http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/) to give you an idea. Searching for t-shirt, for examples, gives the following as the top items:

133976 wet t shirt
106606 animal t shirt
96119 cat t shirt
59926 funny t shirt
50041 bird t shirt
42272 the apprentice t shirt
42205 wet t shirt contest
35763 custom t shirt
34328 dog t shirt
32248 wolf t shirt
28841 dolphin t shirt
25812 vintage t shirt
19909 wholesale t shirt
19440 tiger t shirt
so, from this list one can conclude that animal t shirts are the most wanted... well, at least last year they were :D

thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts