T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is the first time I'm posting in this thread.

I am quite new to this printing business.

I have owned and still use a Roland Versacamm SP300.

It works really well for me and I'm happy with it.

Just recently I purchased a Summacut D60 because we needed another cutter to do carry out extra work.

However, I noticed that it didn't come with a RIP software like Versaworks. Versaworks is extremely easy to use and very simple.
I can export many designs at once and leave it in a que for it to print out.

I thought Summacut will have a software similar to it but I was wrong.

Just to let you know, I only do vinyl cutting. Where I design using Corel Draw and apply cut lines to the design.

I'm wondering if there are any similar software to Versaworks out there for me to do the job I need to do?

Really appreciate any help

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi GNayim, you don't need any RIP software for the D60. The only thing you need is the plugin software WinPlot. It's a plugin for CorelDraw and Illustrator. This plugin you can download from homepage of summa: Summa Europe - Vinyl Cutters, Printer Cutters, & Contour Cutting Plotters (Support - Software for Cutters). Summa Cutter Tools is a software for changing properties of your cutter via this software.
cheers
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I've already got the WinPlot software.

My problem is that you would have to manually print each designs which is very time consuming. Or am I missing something?

On Versaworks you could load up as many designs at once and choose how many to print and also change the orientation of the design so that it fits the media paper in order to save paper

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.