T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently doing vinyl transfers with siser easyweed (all colors) and I also use the animal prints by other companies. I do large runs with custom screen printed transfers that I get other companies to print for me. I'm currently looking into full color digital printing on dark garments. I don't like the reviews on dtg printing due to the print head clogging, prepping garments, and the prices are kind of high to me. I'll rather purchase the Roland bn-20 and print solvent transfers. I'm pretty much sold on buying it, I'm just worried about the quality of the printable vinyls out there. I'm looking for the softest and less hand as possible vinyl to print on. I know there will be some hand but I just want less as possible. I see chemica has a soft print printable vinyl available. Please let me know if you any advise about these printable a vinyls out there. Pics would be even better. I need to know about washes also. Thank you in advance. Please send me pics.

· Registered
2 Posts
This my friend seems to be the holy grail! I have been on the same quest to find a decent printable vinyl for about 3 years. We originally started off with an Epson 1400 and paper transfer which we then had to cut around by hand which although was time consuming the hand and the washability were both fantastic. In fact some of the items we made using this are still being worn by our grandkids and have been passed down. We then invested in a used Roland SP300 and was using digiflex by a company called MDP supplies which was again great on both counts. We then decided to down size our operation to a BN-20 and could no longer use the Digiflex we had been using as it only sold in 750mm wide and the BN20 as you know will only take 20" 500mm. We have since tried SOLDARK by magic touch which was has terrible washability and fades the image from the first wash (however you wash it) and xpres EASY PRINT ROLL which gave excellent washability but the hand was no the softest and also it left a thin white outline around the image which looked terrible when the image was supposed to be a full bleed with no outline. I will be watching you post with interest, if you do find a good allrounder please post it. Happy Printing!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just purchased my BN-20 and I'm waiting on it to come in. Im getting some roland heatsoft material with it to test out. I will be experimental with these vinyls. I hope I find a good one.

· Registered
937 Posts
Here you go. I use it all the time. Great prints. Great wash. Good hand. Matte finish. Easy to weed. Mind you, it is not the same hand as screen printing. Screen printing is let's say slightly rubbery and this is slightly plasticky but nobody ever knows the difference. Show your customers a sample. You do not need a white outline either. Good for lights and darks. It's called Eco Print and it's 20" wide.

http://www.imprintables.com/printable-heat-transfer-vinyl-spectra-eco-print

I have not liked anything else so far. This picture has a white outline because of the design and preference of the customer.

· Registered
937 Posts
None. It can be cut right away. It weeds about the same as ThermoFlex Plus. Almost Grip and Rip. :)
I've tried a bunch of other stuff and almost gave up looking.

· Registered
937 Posts
No Problem. By the way, I also use regular transfer paper. No need for special transfer paper. Peel cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.