T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I need to print a shirt that has like 7 colors but don't want to screen print it. What would be my next option? I want the tee to have a quality look to it and not cheesiness like some heat transfers turn out looking.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Re: Best Quality Printing?

Plastisol transfers are hardley cheesy but are gonna be expensive with 7 colors. DTG printing and a fullfillment site like cafe press sounds like the answer for you.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

MotoskinGraphix said:
Plastisol transfers are hardley cheesy but are gonna be expensive with 7 colors.
And more expensive than a direct screenprint, which kind of defeats the presumed objection.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

Have you tried using either the Transjet II/Magic Jet or IronAll/MiraCool/(Maybe "SoftFeel" now too? Oi.) papers? I'd suggest giving these a try (or obtaining sample prints with these methods) before writing off heat transfer completely.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Direct to Garment printing might be a good option depending on the design.

I also agree with t-bot/richard. "Seeing" the design will help us better recommend options and see the color count. I can understand if that's not always an option if you're trying to keep the design "under wraps" for now.

But not all 7 color designs are actually 7 colors (if that makes sense :))

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
I guess it depends on the quantity. After seeing the design, my guess is you could do this in 4 colors. Red, Yellow, Maroon and Black.

The transition from Yellow to Red will create orange in the center.

If it's only one up or a very small quantity, then Direct to Garment is a good option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts