T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a expert 24 vinyl cutter with siser easyweed vinyl to make heat transfers. My next move is to get into full color prints on dark color shirts. I've experimented with dark transfer paper in the past and I hate it due to the low quality of it. DTG is a little too expensive for me at the moment, but I also had my eye on the roland bn-20 to do solvent transfers. It's kind of high too though. If I can find a cheaper print and cut machine, I'll go for it. (Less than $5,000).

My other option was to upgrade my cutter to the roland gx 24 for the optical eye contour cutting and finding the best quality dark transfer paper that will last and look professional.

If you have any other ideas about full color digital image printing, please give me your advise. Solvent printing is really catching my attention but I'm still unsure about how long the transfers last on the shirt and the heavy feel that I hear about.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
I've always used ironall with no issues. The transfers will last as long as the shirt & the feel of the paper on the shirt is much less than in previous days. It will feel no harder than a plain piece of paper. You can definitely feel it but I wouldn't call it heavy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.