T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
I agree with Joe on Illustrator. I tend to create art in Illustrator, but separate in Photoshop. You really need both since Illustrator has superior type control, vector art creation, and Photoshop handles continuous tone, photos, and filters that may not exist in Illustrator. Selections in Photoshop allow so many adjustments, combinations, subtractions of image areas that would take forever in a dark room. Plus if you don't have a RIP you can use the bitmap functions within Photoshop for halftones, although a good RIP is a better way to go for halftone film creation.

Alan
Murakami Screen USA

· Registered
2,227 Posts
what is the best graphic design program to use that is also simple to use.Also if I scan a image then edit it in my design program will it turn out good.Thx:D
The best program is the one that works for you and you can understand and learn to use. Whether it be, Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDraw, Inkscape or any of the other program available it all comes down to the person using the program. If you do a search on the forum you will find this question has been asked hundreds of times with most of the post ending in a passionate debate between Adobe and Corel users. Most of these program have free trial downloads for you to try the program and see if you like it.
To comment on your second question, yes, you can scan an image and edit it with a design program. How well it will come out will depend on how good you are with the program! There is no magic in any of these program, they are all dependent on the person using them.
My suggestion would be to read through some of the post here on the forum, view some online videos on using the different programs, download the programs and give them a try. Choose the one you like and find easy to use. You can always change to a different program if you out grow it or need different options.
CW

· Registered
1 Posts
Photoshop and Illustrator are industry standard. As far as easy to learn, most professional use software requires alot of time in learning. If professional software were easy to use then everybody would be a so called graphic designer. Start out by learning from tutorials one at a time. There are plenty of them all over the internet.

· Registered
3,503 Posts
If you do a search on the forum you will find this question has been asked hundreds of times with most of the post ending in a passionate debate between Adobe and Corel users.

CW
agreed. this question has been asked a thousand times always with the same result.

Start out by learning from tutorials one at a time. There are plenty of them all over the internet.
depends on how one feels comfortable learning. i myself have never understood learning by internet tutorials unless you either have 2 monitors or you are a court stenographer who is able to take notes at warp speed.

i like the good old read the manual method. the book lies flat on your desk, you can highlight important things etc. etc.

buy a book and keep a printer in business.

· Registered
2,227 Posts
i like the good old read the manual method. the book lies flat on your desk, you can highlight important things etc. etc.
Read the Manual! Read the Manual... :rolleyes:
LOL! I just like looking at the pretty pictures! ;)
Just kidding! :D
I know it is the best place to start but I have to say the manuals for these programs aren't what they used to be. They assume too much...like you know what you are doing!
Many moons ago when I was leaning Corel for the first time I just jumped in and tried a tool to see what it did.
Back then so much wasn’t in the manuals anyways. Having the online how-to’s helps for those who need to see how it works.
One of the first programs I worked with didn’t have a manual to tell you how it worked, I had to call the programmers…when I started doing things with the program they didn’t know it could do, I realize I was totally on my own. So following that program with learning Corel didn’t seem that difficult.

When I said it was easy to learn. I meant some people just seem to catch on to a program easier than others.

· Registered
18 Posts
Like everyone has said, "best" is subjective.

I've been using Photoshop for years and there are many things I still don't know. I've never had any real training, just the good ol' trial and error methods.

Recently in the past couple of years found out about the power of Illustrator, which is very different from Photoshop and requires a whole new learning curve.

As with most things that are great, time, patience and practise makes perfect!!

Oooohh and then there's youtube :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.