T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im fairly new to the tshirt business.. I have been purchasing stock transfers so far. I have lots of people that are requesting customized shirts so my question is this : what printer out on the market offers me the best quality as far as making my own heat transfers? Any help would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
825 Posts
Thanks a lot! This may be a dumb question but how is white printed onto darker t-shirts? Are there any problems with it?
There is NO white ink for standard desktop inkjet printers. White is achieved by not printing and letting the WHITE in the transfer paper come through for dark transfer paper. For light transfer paper, the white in the garment is how the WHITE in the image is created. Hope this makes since.

CalhTech>

· Registered
825 Posts
Thanks Richard! I did not know the transfer paper's white would transfer to the dark color shirt..
Yea, Dark transfer paper is actually a film on top of the garment. So ink is laid down on top of the film and the film transferred to the garment. With light paper, the ink is carried to the garment with the transfer paper and RELEASED on to the garment (image printed in reverse or mirrored).

CalhTech>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.