T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i would like to start making my own t shirts - what would be the best printer to buy to print my transfers i make - nothing to expensive please because i want to try this as a hobby thanks

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
An epson C88(+) would probably be a good choice. It has durabrite (pigment) inks and it pretty inexpensive. Like $50-$80 depending on where you look.

·
Registered
107 Posts
greetings to all,

would any of the epson aio's that use durabrite ink be a good choice? i had a request for a photo t and i thought it would be more sufficient to have a printer with the scanner attached like the epson aio.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
greetings to all,

would any of the epson aio's that use durabrite ink be a good choice? i had a request for a photo t and i thought it would be more sufficient to have a printer with the scanner attached like the epson aio.
I use yhe Epson cx5000 and it has served me well. Good luck. ....JB

·
Registered
107 Posts
thanks for the quick response. i was reluctant to buy one since everyone kept talking about the c88. did you change to the continuous ink? or do you have place online to order reliable replacment catridges for the printer? i will probably just buy the replacement catridges since i won't be doing custom designs that often.

thx tarsha!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
greetings to all,

I have a C88+ & a CX4200 (All in one) and they work the same. Actually the CX4200 prints a little faster.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
great, do you have a supplier online where you buy @ a discount?
I haven't researched that one yet. Right now I get from any office supply store when I need them. Sometimes Epson themselves have some good deals,with free shipping. I have even seen them in Bestbuy really cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
could i use a canon pixma mp600 all in one for transfers or a canon pixma ip 4300 phot inkjet or a ip 5000.

Thanks for all the great responses

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I use a canon pixma and it works great. It is more expensive than the epson though.

Bobbie

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked up this thread because I am considering buying a new printer for my budding transfer business. I've owned an Epson R300 for a few years and I love it. However, I have noticed since a few months now that it refuses to print on some transfer papers, in particular the Alpha Double Green and the All Weather Light transfer papers. My guess is the printer's carriage cannot properly move the paper and I get errors of paper jams or paper not loaded properly. The same thing happens with my friend's R200, but not with my HP Photosmart 7260 or my sister's PSC 3510.

As a result, I have been considering another printer brand for the transfers, perhaps an HP Photosmart D5160 or D7160. Any thoughts on the problem cited above, or on the HP printers?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
As a result, I have been considering another printer brand for the transfers, perhaps an HP Photosmart D5160 or D7160. Any thoughts on the problem cited above, or on the HP printers?

Thanks
I've been using the HP PSC 2355 it work great for the transfers I create. Especially for the scanning or loading of designs from corel.

Just my opinon though, I've been reading a lot here about the epson printers and may have to give one a try.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use a HP Deskjet 5940 and it seems to work good:eek: I have had no problems except that the images are cracking really bad...:( But I think it is the paper I am using?:confused:

·
Registered
120 Posts
in my opinion:
laser is better than inkjet
okidata is better than HP

oki color laser + imageclip = best option today for light garments
for dark garments, i still use plastisol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can you tell me why you think that Okidata is better than HP. I know in the monochrome printers you can't beat the HP for being a work horse and even though their toner cartridges are more, they do include the OPC drum which most of the others don't and they are very expensive. I'm trying to decide which one to buy. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts