T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if you could help me out! I am very new at this whole thing, I have a Personalized Photo Item Business (right now I go thru a company for most of my items but want to eliminate them for all items except for Blankets, Pillows and Crystals and do the rest myself) that I am just starting (Also have a Sno Cone Business during Summer Months) I plan on making T-shirts, Mugs, Hats and Mouse Pads...the T-shirts and Hats I want to do with both of my Business...I want to sell Hats at the Sno Cone Trailer with our Business Name on them...Could you help me with what the Best Printer, Ink and Paper would be to do these items!

Thanks a Million in Advance! :)

· Registered
18 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if you could help me out! I am very new at this whole thing, I have a Personalized Photo Item Business (right now I go thru a company for most of my items but want to eliminate them for all items except for Blankets, Pillows and Crystals and do the rest myself) that I am just starting (Also have a Sno Cone Business during Summer Months) I plan on making T-shirts, Mugs, Hats and Mouse Pads...the T-shirts and Hats I want to do with both of my Business...I want to sell Hats at the Sno Cone Trailer with our Business Name on them...Could you help me with what the Best Printer, Ink and Paper would be to do these items!

Thanks a Million in Advance! :)
People may reply if they knew which part of the world you are in. I am in the UK myself where we have lots of companies.

In the USA there are companies such as Conde and PSI that have all sorts of items and paper and have a lot of information about dye sublimation which is the best way to do mugs etc.

If I can be of anymore help, let me know but unless I know where you are based, it would be hard to suggest where to get started.

Janine

· Registered
93 Posts
Not to add to the negativity but you're asking for a lot too from one printer. Understand that each printer basically has one process. It's extremely difficult and therefor not worth it to try to make one printer a sublimation printer and inkjet printer. With that said, your mugs, mouse pads and even t-shirts can be done with sublimation. I suppose you could do hats too but the restrictions on sublimation mean you're only getting white hats with logos. So, in order to do hats you'll want heat transfers, either printable or cut vinyl. You could get a roland printer/cutter to do t-shirts and hats but it won't do mouse pads or mugs. Basically in order to pull off everything you're thinking of doing you'll need multiple machines. If you're still unclear or have more questions let me know.

· Registered
748 Posts
You can do all those things with an Epson printer using sublimation inks, but if you want dark coloured
or cotton shirts/caps you will have to do heat transfer or screenprinting as sublimation only works with
polyester material in white or light colours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.