T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I Do sublimation already and have an Epson 1430-looking to get into printing transfers as well
Can you give me pros and cons for the Oki C711 wt laser printer?

Is it primarily a tshirt transfer printer?

Are there any other laser printers that do good quality transfers that have screen print look?

Should I get another Epson 1430 and use pigment ink and do transfers?

Thank you
Julie

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Hello
I Do sublimation already and have an Epson 1430-looking to get into printing transfers as well
Can you give me pros and cons for the Oki C711 wt laser printer?

Is it primarily a tshirt transfer printer?

Are there any other laser printers that do good quality transfers that have screen print look?

Should I get another Epson 1430 and use pigment ink and do transfers?

Thank you
Julie
I would suggest that you ask preprinted laser transfer for the C711WT for dark comes with two sheets (A and B). The mirrored full color image is printed on the A sheet. Marry the A and B sheets. Pressed and peeled to weed the white adhesive from B sheet that is transferred on A sheet. The A sheet is pressed on the shirt.

I said preprinted unweeded sample because you can try weeding it yourself so you have first hand experience on the weeding process. If it is not available weeded transfer will do to evaluate.

Press it on the shirt. Stretch the shirt. Check for cracking. Check the hand and image quality. Do wash/dry several times to check durability. If it meets your expectation then you can decide if the printer and transfers are right for you.

Conde, Tshirt supplies, Coastal Business are vendors some of the vendors of the transfer for the model. You may have to pay for the transfer. Some vendor will not charge for it. It is cheaper way even if you have to pay for the sample than committing to the printer based on feedback from others.

Get more than one. It has learning curve for these transfers. It is best to talk to live person from the vendor so you can explain what you want. Tell the person that you are interested in buying C711WT.

Pro:

Several users report with positive review.

Con:

Expensive printer and consumables.
Transfers for it are expensive

You can search the forums for C711WT using keywords like "Oki C711WT" or "Oki C711WT issue". Include the quotes to filter the sheach.

Read as much as you can. The printers are very expensive especially the model with white toner. Weigh in the Pros and Cons in the threads that are listed from the search result.

Click the link to start searching: T-Shirt Forums - Search Forums

Looking out for you :D:D:D. But seriously you will feel better on deciding to invest on the printer.

· Registered
35 Posts
We use an OKI C711WT for printing images on full color coffee mugs. The consumables are expensive.
The printer is fairly reliable. We have a high production output of 1000s of mugs per year, our first two OKI C711WT lasted over a year with pretty consistent abuse.

We also use it for hats, aprons, other accessories. The quality isn't as great a DTG - but it's a nice substitute for something difficult to DTG that may not get washed as abusively as a T shirt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.