T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading on here for a while and have a quick question about printing. My buddy is opening up a small store around me and said i could use some space if i wanted. Im interested in doing photos on like tshirts, mugs, mouse pads, calenders etc. What is the best kind of printer to get and ink to do heat transfers? Also what paper is the best for heat transfer that last the longest and can handle washing and stretching.

Im just wondering if inkjet or dye sublimation printers would be best or something else, also what brands and models are good for the money. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I suggest starting with ink jet and moving on to sublimation later. The ink jet will get your feet wet and make you some needed cash to invest in other types of services. I would start with a c120 Epson and the JPSS paper for light garments and the Jet wear for dark garments. I suggest the c120 because the cost is lower and you can do a lot with it. As time goes on you can expand to another printer and then use the c120 foe sublimation. If you don't have a heat press ,I suggest a 15x15 (minimum size) and a name brand for ease of customer service. Good luck and happy pressing. .... JB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts