T-Shirt Forums banner

Best printable vinyl to use?

23K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  pippin decals 
#1 ·
I need to get printable htv for some shirts, and I need them for both light colored shirts and dark colored shirts.. I will be using a brother inkjet printer, but I am not sure what printable htv to use, what brand, et. I didn’t even know that printable paper and the htv were different. I’m a little new to the whole printing and heat pressing the printable vinyl onto t shirts, I just want my customers to be happy with the finished product and for the vinyl to last as long as the siser vinyl would last and when washed for them not to crack or fade...thank you

#3 ·
Printable HTV is printed on solvent printers. HTV that would be able to accept pigment ink would need to be "coated" just like any pigment printable vinyl would be.

Desktop pigment inkjet printers typically will be printing on 3G or a like paper. It is not as nice as printable HTV, but the pigment ink set works for it.

Printable HTV needs to be heated as it is printed on, which is something you find on solvent (and eco solvent) printers.

#14 ·
Hello there !
I have make T-shirt with the product politape 4600
The results is great and after one year the T-shirt is like new!
The only problem is that the material haven't soft feeling but for designs 22cm x22cm is acceptable for customer!
If you like to print A4 size then this is not your material!The T-shirt feels heavy!
With this material you need also a transfer tape!
Here is the site that you can find it http://www.wassermann-online.com

Located in Germany and I don't know if they ship in USA

Also the site is only for companies but they have the product also in eBay.de !There you can buy it !
Is better send a message and ask them for what you need

#22 ·
ok so if the pics show up correct it goes
colorjet dark
1-rgb
2-3g icc (high speed)

3-epson vivid
4-3g icc

colorjet light
1-rgb
2-jpss icc
3-epson vivid

the dark looks like 3g but feels softer, i like the feeling better than 3g

the light doesnt seem anything like jpss it almost feels thicker than the dark...with both light and dark i will wash several times and report back

blame phone if pics arent good lol

Attachments

#23 ·
Looking forward to your post-wash report. I would imagine this stuff could be contour cut.

How does it feel compared to Easyweed?

#24 ·
yes it would be able to contour cut..compared to easyweed, hmm hard to tell, i think im over thinking it lol they both feel similar to easyweed pre wash...the dark still has that paper on the shirt feel that 3g opaque does but not as thick and a smooth/soft feel to it otherwise...the light fabric is really like printed on vinyl as it feels like a big piece of vinyl on the shirt where as jpss would feel more like the shirt, but again we'll see how it feels after some washes

#27 · (Edited)
I did order from KNK. I didn't think it said it was backordered when I ordered it but I received an email receipt the next day with backorder on it. After a week I emailed them asking for an ETA and received a tracking number the next day. I have it now and did a shirt with the dark. I also have a pack of the light but haven't tried those yet. I'm trying to make shirts for my 4 wheel drive club.

The dark shirt is showing thru the white. I have not washed it yet. Its acceptable but I'm worried about longevity.

Edit: forgot to attach picture

Attachments

#29 ·
Even tho i got the Icc profile from cobraink as well ., I color calibrated the inks anyway with my Hardware and software i use. I feel i got much better results. And i even talked to Richard from Cobraink about it on the phone about having my calibrating kit. He said it would for sure make a difference. I have a monitor and Printer calibrator called a Spyder 5 studio kit by Datacolor.

And how i did it was .I printed on jpss,heat pressed the color swatches to a white t-sirt and the colors do come out different afterwards. From there i calibrated the new pressed images for better accuracy and i do the same for 3G opaque.

#30 ·
https://www.heattransferwarehouse.com/category/printable-heat-transfer-vinyl
used before I got my roland
Neenah heat transfer paper
Soft stretchable inkjet paper for light colored garments
Soft matte finish on garment
Natural long lasting colors
Recommended to be used with commercial use heat presses
For Cotton, Poly/cotton blends and polyester garments
Holds up to 25-30 washes( always held up longer)
Can be used in print and cut operation with vinyl cutters with optic eye
Monochrome Printers will not work (run way too hot and they don’t fuse at all)
Sheets of transfer paper to be used with desktop printers such as OKi, Samsung, Canon, Brother, and Epson

PRINTING
  • Create or select your design on your computer
  • Mirror the image for light garments
  • Load the paper so that the image will appear on the coated side of the paper (non-printed side)
  • Print the design and allow it to dry
  • Trim away the unprinted areas of the transfer if desired
TRANSFERING
  • Preheat the garment for a few seconds to remove wrinkles and moisture
  • Place the transfer on top of the garment with the image side down
  • Cover the entire image area with a teflon sheet if desired
  • Press with commerical heat press
  • 15 to 20 seconds
  • 375° F using heavy pressure
  • Peal paper while still hot
  • We recommend stretch the garment
WASHING INSTRUCTIONS
  • Leave finished item for at least 24 hours before washing
  • Turn garment inside out and wash in cold water using a mild detergent
  • Do not use bleach
  • Dry on low heat setting
  • Do not dry clean
  • Do not iron directly on the transferred area

#31 ·
ok so ive been slacking lol took me a few days to get a first wash in...the results are really bad..the dark transfers are really thick and multiple places where it looks like the ink has washed out..the paper/vinyl for lights also feels thick and already cracking..its so bad i didnt even take a pic but i will if anyone wants....im going to stick to my jpss and 3G, ive got a shirt i did with 3G that ive continously put thru the washer all month(15+ washes) and it still looks like the day i pressed it..as well as jpss white shirts that i wear personally

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.