T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get printable htv for some shirts, and I need them for both light colored shirts and dark colored shirts.. I will be using a brother inkjet printer, but I am not sure what printable htv to use, what brand, et. I didn’t even know that printable paper and the htv were different. I’m a little new to the whole printing and heat pressing the printable vinyl onto t shirts, I just want my customers to be happy with the finished product and for the vinyl to last as long as the siser vinyl would last and when washed for them not to crack or fade...thank you

·
Registered
768 Posts
Printable HTV is printed on solvent printers. HTV that would be able to accept pigment ink would need to be "coated" just like any pigment printable vinyl would be.

Desktop pigment inkjet printers typically will be printing on 3G or a like paper. It is not as nice as printable HTV, but the pigment ink set works for it.

Printable HTV needs to be heated as it is printed on, which is something you find on solvent (and eco solvent) printers.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmmm.... says ColorJet for white fabric only last 5-10 washes; ColorJet for dark fabric only lasts 20-30 washes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello there !
I have make T-shirt with the product politape 4600
The results is great and after one year the T-shirt is like new!
The only problem is that the material haven't soft feeling but for designs 22cm x22cm is acceptable for customer!
If you like to print A4 size then this is not your material!The T-shirt feels heavy!
With this material you need also a transfer tape!
Here is the site that you can find it http://www.wassermann-online.com

Located in Germany and I don't know if they ship in USA

Also the site is only for companies but they have the product also in eBay.de !There you can buy it !
Is better send a message and ask them for what you need

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Haven't received it yet. Looked at the order receipt they emailed me and it says backordered. I sent them an email asking for an ETA.

Starting to get discouraged that there just isn't a quality ink jet printable available.
i got mine yesterday, ill try to find time to do an initial test..i dont see it in the instructions but ill also let it sit for 24 hours before i start the washing

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haven't received it yet. Looked at the order receipt they emailed me and it says backordered. I sent them an email asking for an ETA.

Starting to get discouraged that there just isn't a quality ink jet printable available.
So I sent the email asking for an ETA and the next day they sent me a tracking number. Scheduled to arrive friday via USPS. I'm supposed to leave Thursday night for the holiday weekend. I'll report back next week how it goes.

As long as we are talking printable vinyl. Does anybody have a recommendation for a good inkjet printable glossy outdoor adhesive vinyl? I'm willing to put a clear vinyl over it to protect it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.