T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope someone here can help :confused: I've been looking for some time for some high quality, professional finish photo emulsion. The stuff I've been using tends to get a lot of pinholes before I even start which is a little annoying to say the least. Could someone give me some advice, which ones work and where do I get the best one from???? I'm UK based so ideally looking for a UK based outlet, please help............ :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks GV, I have been using them, their screens are great, but I find their photo emulsion doesn't last so long. I really want to find some that is really high quality even if it is more expensive, I feel now it is worth paying more unfortunately....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ulano 925wr emulsion from sunchemical is the best by far I have used.Suitable for both plastisol and waterbased textile inks. I used to use supertex from Sericol but changed to 925wr. It is about £25 a quart but way worth the money,great exposure latitude,easy reclaiming and superb water resistance.
Won't use anything else now:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ian

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and thank you for responding and the recomendation!!! I've had a little google and couldn't find a supplier for Ulano 925wr emulsion, could you let me know where I should look? I've definitely come to the conclusion you get what you pay for so the price sounds fine, I just want something that is reliable and works!!! :D thank you

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Abigail,
I buy mine from Sunchemical in Leicester.They take card payments and delivery is 99% next day. Always great service from them.Get them to send you a catalogue as they sell loads of equipment and consumables.I realise that there are other suppliers out there but I like to use products that I know work.
Sun Chemical Screen

Unit 1, Bardon 22 Ind Est, Coalville, Leicestershire LE67 1TE
01530 275 000

·
Registered
112 Posts
No problems.If you need anymore advice just buzz me and I will happy to help.
PS once you have sensitized your emulsion keep it in the fridge for much longer working life:tipthank:

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi abigail the emulsion you use from wickedprinting-do you have an exposure time? cos im stuggling at the moment.im using 1000w halogen but unsure of lamp height and exposure. hope you can help thanks derek

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use the Chromaline UDC-HV, one of the best emulsions I have ever used in my career and ive tried loads, I used to use one produced by Folex which was pretty decent aswell. You cant obtain that from Sunchemical I dont think but I am inclined to agree with Ian they do provide a quality service and the products are tested by industry experts. I use their enviromentally friendly screenwash and its really very good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Derek

Are you using a point system for your exposure which lights up from beneath the screen? If you have a light over the screen then this is not the ideal way to expose.

If the light source is underneath a height of about 20-25" from light source to screen works nicely. Use something to prevent the light hitting the screen while the light brightens up, this takes about a minute, then depending on your mesh count hit the screen for about 1:30-2 minutes and make sure you have something pressing very hard on your tranparency to make sure you dont overexpose the detail. You might wish to fashion a vacuum to keep a tight contact. The higher the mesh count the shorter period you will have to expose for, although generally speaking I have found jumps from 42T-90T arent all that sensitive to this rule.

Im using a Natgraph exposure system now but when I first started up back in the day I made my own exposure system and I have a feeling it might be similar to what you're using.

Good luck mate

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ulano 925wr emulsion from sunchemical. It is about £25 a quart but way worth the money,:)
On my hunt for a reasonably priced pre-sensitized photopolymer ready to use emulsion I just phoned sun chemical screen Leicester and they quoted me £76 for 1 gallon of Ulano 925wl:confused:

The local division in Bristol couldn't find that or QTX in his list, went away and then came back and told me to use Polycol super? anyone any experiance of this one - although even this is £40+VAT!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Try here for your emulsion and other stuff,they are excellent....Screen Ink and Solvent Supplies

Thanks for that, They didn't have the emulsion I wanted but recommended a one pot, which was still £40! but I ordered it and some screen wash as they were very helpful and I want to get with a professional supplier who maybe able to give me some tech support when I need it.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts