T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Tell me more about CLC. Is it true it does not leave transfer residue like a hot peel. Lou
I did some plastisol hot split on 100%cotton tote bags tonight and had a problem. The instructions were 15 seconds but I had to reduce that to 12 and the 375 degrees lightly scorched my bags..UGH!!! Any ideas. Lou, again

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
badalou said:
Tell me more about CLC. Is it true it does not leave transfer residue like a hot peel. Lou
I did some plastisol hot split on 100%cotton tote bags tonight and had a problem. The instructions were 15 seconds but I had to reduce that to 12 and the 375 degrees lightly scorched my bags..UGH!!! Any ideas. Lou, again
Hi Lou, you mean CLC opaques ? no residue at all. But I will pull out my magnify Lens tomorow during day time and have a closer look. I use Xerox paper and some other name opaque material.

As for your plastisol.... Don't know what to tell about that, the Plastisol hot splits I use apply quick, 6-8 sec. max. It may be the inks or something ???

·
Registered
353 Posts
badalou said:
Hey lou, I press for 6 seconds at 380 - with a teflon sheet over top.
the only time I fried a shirt was when I forgot the teflon.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
kentphoto said:
Hey lou, I press for 6 seconds at 380 - with a teflon sheet over top.
the only time I fried a shirt was when I forgot the teflon.
Aha! Maybe I'm not crazy and there is some value in using a teflon sheet with plastisol after all? ;)

As far as the original question goes: I personally do not like any opaque transfer papers, but the two I've seen most recommended are the "blue grid" paper, and the opaque paper available from Transfer Technology. I know that TT used to send free sample sheets to test it (and probably still do); dunno for the blue grid.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
fir3fox said:
I'd be interested to know about this product also. Are CLC transfers similar to Plastisols in terms having another party fabricate the transfers with an image or is it something you print up yourself?
CLC (color lazer copy ) transfers) you can make yourself. Our days you can lease a Xerox High End color lazer copy machine and it does not cost too much. Depends on your budget. You can also use these copy machines to output all types of other paper media/full color graphics at high resolution etc.. (multi-purpose).

They are fast too, so if you get a large order you can load up 100 11x17 sheets and they just keep on printing.....

As for quality, never any major complaints. Ideal for full color graphics when plastisol or 4-clr-process is not an option.

Plastisol are better in my opinion when done right. But not all plastisol transfers are good quality.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
rookie905 said:
Hey Lucy,

So if you had choice between CLC and inkjet transfers which would you choose?
forget about cost involved ...jsut finished product on T's

thanks
I've always had good results from CLC. For Lights Or Darks.

There is also a NEw paper entering the market (for CLC or Lazer Printers) where no trimming is required etc.. i will be testing it out soon: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=6315&highlight=duracotton

·
Registered
51 Posts
rookie905 said:
Hey Lucy,

So if you had choice between CLC and inkjet transfers which would you choose?
forget about cost involved ...jsut finished product on T's

thanks
CLC (Color Lazer Copy) requires a lazer printer and special ink. It's a lazer version of dye sub ink. Currently, like ink jet dye sub, you can only print on white and light colors. I was recently informed by a developer that I was talking with that they should be comming out with a toner cartridge for a Okadata lazer printer with white toner to print on dark colors in about 3 months. Problem is that your limited to 8 1/2 X 11 paper. I was looking into wide format lazer printers for CLC and was told that none are currently available. :( Guess I'll stick with my 1280 till they come out with a wide format lazer printer for CLC. Can't cost anymore than DTG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts