T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone -

I know this question has probably been asked a million times already but can you please recommend the very best heat press paper you know of?

• We are pressing onto Hanes Playwear 100% cotton infant clothing.
  • We print the paper with an HP Deskjet inkjet 970Cse printer
  • We have a very entry level heat press from Coastal: Geo Knight 9 x 12 Digital Swinger JetPress
  • Prefer one paper that would work for white and light colors like pink, baby blue and heather grey. Currently we're only having luck with white. We did have a heather grey that turned out great and can't seem to replicate it but we're not doing anything differently.
I'm looking for top of the line paper that will work the best with our supplies, hoping there is one that is softer and will peel/crack less.

I'd also like recs for the best printers and inks as well! We've been doing OK but I'd really like to improve our quality.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hi Casalita.. Wow you sound like me when I started out. I got rid of the HP very quickly. You really need to go with an epson for the ink if nothing else. For 80 buck you can get a c88 with pigment ink. My Geo Knight now sits next to my Mighty press 15 x 15 as the 9 x 12 was great for getting me started but I wished after doing a 100 tees that I had the bigger unit. Yes I got both from Coastal also. As for as paper your going to get responses here about all types.. Me being as I am called "King of Iron All" by John of New Milford photo, my supplier, use the Iron All for lights. it is a finicky paper but there has not been anything, (Yet) that come close to the feel, stretchiness and the iron on after pressing that this paper gives. I am waiting for a new paper to test but have yet to receive from another company. I do get my opaque paper Jet Dark from Coastal now. The other thing you want to look into is plastisol custom transfers. Call First Edition Screenprinting for samples and binder filled with samples www.first-edition.com That is a route I will be taking soon. Hope this helps if not we here are ready to assist.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just curious is Iron All the brand of the paper? If so where can i get this paper you speak about any places online? Im thinking of maybe buying a heat press and get my feet wet on this side of t-shirt making as right now im into screen printing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
ShirtHappens said:
Just curious is Iron All the brand of the paper? If so where can i get this paper you speak about any places online? Im thinking of maybe buying a heat press and get my feet wet on this side of t-shirt making as right now im into screen printing.
As Lou said in the post above, Iron All is the brand and can be found at New Milford:

http://www.newmilfordphoto.com/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Casalita,

Get rid of the HP and go with an Epson - preferably the newer C series printers. You can use the Epson Durabrite inks that come with the printer for your transfers. Just have to make a few adjustments in your printer preferences.

I use Transjet II heat transfer paper and have never had a problem(s) such as you describe. No peeling or cracking and after the first wash, it is very soft.

The Transjet II paper now goes by another name but can't remember it offhand but it can be purchased online through a variety of suppliers. I purchase mine from http://www.personalizedsupplies.com

Hope this helps.

Fred

casalita said:
looking for top of the line paper that will work the best with our supplies, hoping there is one that is softer and will peel/crack less.

I'd also like recs for the best printers and inks as well! We've been doing OK but I'd really like to improve our quality.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info everyone. We just bought an Epson C88 and some new paper. We'll see if it helps! Thanks again!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've found a new inkjet paper that has a real soft feel and practically no hand.
I got them from a company called Powerful Papers 800 624 4210.
It is different from anything I've ever used before. The transfer actually stretches with the shirt fabric after you apply it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello every1. is there a transfer paper that so perfectly printed on white tshirt with no 'rubber' layer like the normal iron on paper.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got mine from Powerful Papers, Just printed 3 dozen lime green race tees with black ink and a post script fade, Guess I crossed the finish line 1st.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Most trustworthy for me is Magic Mix ink and Magic Jet II paper from personalizedsupplies.com. The MagicJetII is "TransJetII" paper. I also use Epson Durabrite (pigmented) ink. And plan on going bulk with inks from inksupply.

Lots of happy users with MagicMix/TJii combo. And if in doubt, the other group I belong to "heat_transfers_for_desktop_printers" with Yahoo can probably back me up.

WHY? Inks and paper have held up to WASH TESTS! Magic Mix/Durabrite inks dry when printed on TJii paper. This means I can put through cutter without smearing. I can store pre-prints no problem.

I also use MiraCool but it is extremely fussy. I continue to use because it has a very soft hand and I can cheat by not having to cut around text. The carrier paper disappears after first wash.

Susan

·
Registered
49 Posts
toonsign said:
You can use the Epson Durabrite inks that come with the printer for your transfers. Just have to make a few adjustments in your printer preferences.
What adjustments are you referring to Fred? I'm a t-shirt-printing newbie with an epson C88.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Atari said:
What adjustments are you referring to Fred? I'm a t-shirt-printing newbie with an epson C88.....
I was just about to post the same question. We received our C88 and Iron All paper and gave it a quick test run. That paper is sensitive!! It does have a nice feel after the wash but it seems so touchy that there were track lines on our design from it going through the printer. I don't know of any settings that would change that but maybe I'm not familiar enough with it. Does this happen to you? We can't use the paper like this. Our HP had a setting for transfer paper but we didn't see anything like that with the C88 so we're not sure what to set it to. But how do you prevent the paper from flaking off in the printer?

Thanks again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts