T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me for starting a new thread. But I think my quetion was lost amongst the other thread on BEST PRINTER.

I use the D92. Which was fine untill I started using compat carts. After a while the printer rejected cyan. Even with a new compat in, it rejected it, third time was lucky. I then went back to originals and now it has rejected yellow after just a couple of small prints as non compat cart :mad:.
I despise Epson, as the tech guy's went through a script then tried to sell me a new model:mad:. I now want to move on to something different, But not to pricey as it is just a hobby!!.

A/ are there any other make of printer that use pigment/appropriate ink suitable for transfers as standard??

B/What printer could I use, and what carts could I use with it??

Many thanks in advance. Lee:)

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I said. All are originals at present. Yellow doesn't work. As you may be aware epson go much further than other companies to stop compats being used. This is a very common issue.

But thanks for your help!!

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I'm aware of the chip and reader. Thing is, I have put a yellow compat in and it works with that.

Am I right in saying the original chips are rightable. So when the printer determines a cart (original) empty, it rights on the chip so you can't use it with a refill?? If so maybe when it see's a cart as a compat it does a simillar thing??

Thanks.

· Registered
4,889 Posts
Am I right in saying the original chips are rightable. So when the printer determines a cart (original) empty, it rights on the chip so you can't use it with a refill?? If so maybe when it see's a cart as a compat it does a simillar thing??
No, they are writeable. :) The cartridges have a chip that is written to, but there is also a chip on the motherboard that holds chip information and it's possible you could corrupt that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.