T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
for the extra $50 i would get the geoknight

it looks like hotronix no longer makes these, and there are no parts available for them on their website
(this is standard operating procedure for hotronix whenever they discontinue a model)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the extra $50 i would get the geoknight

it looks like hotronix no longer makes these, and there are no parts available for them on their website
(this is standard operating procedure for hotronix whenever they discontinue a model)
Can I use my GX-24 vinyl cutter of the geoknight ? I am not planning to purchase a sublimation printer

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Can I use my GX-24 vinyl cutter of the geoknight ? I am not planning to purchase a sublimation printer
you can, but the mugs cannot be washed in a dishwasher or microwave
but hand-washing in not really hot water should be ok, use good sign vinyl though, like oracal 651/751

if you have your own designs and a mug press, then maybe ordering pre-printed sub papers is right for you to start with
i think our own skdave will do this for you, here is his site
then if things take off you can decide whether to purchase a printer, but you don't need a mug press for sign vinyl

epson desktops work and are fairly cheap, just find a model that you can get refillable xl carts and dyesub ink with an icc profile, or get an appropriate ecotank and simply add the dyesub ink before filling with the pigment

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
you can, but the mugs cannot be washed in a dishwasher or microwave
but hand-washing in not really hot water should be ok, use good sign vinyl though, like oracal 651/751

if you have your own designs and a mug press, then maybe ordering pre-printed sub papers is right for you to start with
i think our own skdave will do this for you, here is his site
then if things take off you can decide whether to purchase a printer, but you don't need a mug press for sign vinyl

epson desktops work and are fairly cheap, just find a model that you can get refillable xl carts and dyesub ink with an icc profile, or get an appropriate ecotank and simply add the dyesub ink before filling with the pigment
Thank you, I prefer to do my own work then send the design to some company to print it.
If I purchase the DK3 which epson mode should I purchase,I read a lot about Eco Tank ET2720

. Im in the Tshirt business for 10 years and have manyt repeat customers, I would like to do the same with the mug :)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Thank you, I prefer to do my own work then send the design to some company to print it.
If I purchase the DK3 which epson mode should I purchase,I read a lot about Eco Tank ET2720

. Im in the Tshirt business for 10 years and have manyt repeat customers, I would like to do the same with the mug :)
you should be able to use the 2720, just add the dyesub inks first before the epson inks
make sure you get an icc with your dyesub inks (although cosmos inks says you don't need them with their ink and setup procedure)

search the sublimation sub-forum for tips on doing mugs

here is the cosmos page with a couple of vids on initial setup

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Yeah, if mugs and small things are all you are going to sublimate, then an ET-2720 is your lowest cost printer option. If you want the option to do larger things, then at 13x19" the ET-15000 is the lowest cost option for that (and can be harder to find because of that).

Either way, go with one of the well-known ink suppliers who provide profiles or assures that their ink works in your printer model without one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts