T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What manual tshirt folders do you all use. Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes, you can press 10+ t-shirts at once. Anymore than that you have to be careful. I snapped my flipfold by applying too much pressure but luckily I had a spare.

Very very useful and speeds my job up immensely.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a boxes drawn on my folding tables that fit various bags I use to fit the many different garments we do. Wanna Race?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I had purchased the flip-n-fold for a big job I had coming up and started to use it. At the same time, I found the t-shirt origami video and I've been using this technique ever since. http://www.jengajam.com/r/shirt-folding

The last job where I had to individually fold and bag shirts, I used this method. I used it for a 5,000 piece run and it's faster than I can fold any other way. I can fold about 9 cases in an hour. Yeah, you heard that right.

I take a case of shirts and stack them all and fold one shirt off of the stack. I don't pull it off the stack, I just start folding from the stack. It usually takes 2 to 3 people to bag and tape to keep up. It's not bragging (believe me I'd rather have a folder/bagger), it's simply showing the speed of this fold. Like I said, much faster than anything else I've tried.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had purchased the flip-n-fold for a big job I had coming up and started to use it. At the same time, I found the t-shirt origami video and I've been using this technique ever since.
WTG Jerid! I could never get the hang of that.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Adam said:
WTG Jerid! I could never get the hang of that.
Actually, it's quite easy once you learn it. The video pretty much shows how the fold works. I figured out the best method is to stack the shirts in one pile and do the shirts in the pile. That way, there is less time spent trying to get the shirt straightened out for the fold. In the stack, they are all straight!

·
Registered
140 Posts
This fold looks really fast, but it looks like you would end up with a different size when you fold a medium as when you fold a 3X, Or do you just adjust your pickup point to use the same size bag? I mean I really intend to start using it. It looks like it would also save table space.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
When I fold for this particular customer, I always use the same size bag and I fold so where the left chest shows. The shirts will be folded off center because of the logo, but they want the logo to show.

I simply adjust my pickup point.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have a flip and fold too. I then made one out of cardboard and it works great. i i call it the Ghetto fold. .... JB

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Yeah t-shirt origami works and fast. At one time in a ISS trade show I demonstrated it to a T-shirt Folder vendor that I can a fold a shirt in 3 to 4 seconds. Faster than he can with a folding tool.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts