T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Can anyone help me with decent laser printers for heat transfer paper (imageclip laser) I have heard that Oki is the place to go but need some legit conformation. Need a printer with different paper weight allowance. Tried and tested would be best. If you can spare the time, also need a reliable supplier for laser ink for the printer.

Thanks, Collin

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really like like my OKI C6150 ad I use Image Clip paper, mostly photo-trans paper. It has a paper bypass tray and handles different weights of paper very well. Laser printers do not use ink, they use toners and I would only recommend using the OKI toners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a Oki c610 and the first day I fried the Fuser. When I talked with support they stated that heat transfer paper is not supported by Oki and if I fry another one the bill is on me. So now I am confussed. What did I do wrong to have that happen?

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Rich. Oki has tested several of our papers on the C610 at their main office here in New Jersey. For the most part, the results were excellent. It is true that they do not endorse any one type or brand of transfer paper. The reason might be that they do not offer it in their product line. I do not know for sure. We also use a C610 in our showroom without any problems. If you wish to give me a call I will provide the details.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1.What is the cheapest color laser Oki that is compatible with the heat transfer papers? Oki C110/C130n? Will they do the job (quality wise) as well as a c610/8600?

2. Has anyone used non-original Oki toners? What were the result?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking to purchase the oki 610 to use with stahls exact heat tranfer papers I called the magic touch and they said I need to buy there driver for about 300 to use there paper then I called stahls they told me to there knowledge I do not need and driers can someone help put me in the right direction

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.