T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Hope all are safe and well.

Needing some help with inks for the WF-7710. I want to first apologise if I'm sounding like a complete newbie but here goes.

So after a lot of contemplating, I finally bit the bullet and got myself a brand new WF-7710. Would have preferred a 7720 for the extra tray but due to current situations here in the UK, specific printers are becoming hard to come by, orders for Epson are heavily delayed or they are stupidly overpriced. I chose the 7710 because later on, I will be converting it to sublimation (once the warranty period is over haha). For now, I want to use it to print out heat transfers for T-shirts and hoodies. The thing I'm concerned or rather confused about is the inks. It came with Epson 27 Alarm clock Inks. I checked online with Epson and a few other places and they all say its pigment-based that is water-resistant.

My questions are, do I use the standard Epson 27 Alarm clock Inks it came with? If not, what Epson inks are best?
Does anyone have any experience with these Alarm clock Inks?

All advice is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
converting to sublimation inks will not void your warranty,
just keep your oem carts and re-insert before getting warranty work

get a set of xl refillable carts and either sublimation ink/pigment ink bottles (and hopefully icc's to match)
cartrdiges here (check the britain sub-forum here for other suppliers of ink/paper/cartridges)

the alarm clock inks are still the dura-brite pigment inks with a new name (stupid name imo),
so you can use these for transfer papers, but your yellow will shift colors (so that means anyhting that uses yellow, greens, oranges, etc.)
so you have to adapt and do testing to fit your graphics program, screen colors, and finished pressed output on the garment)
test graphics below (open in new tab/window, right-click, then save as), shrink them down to get 4 per sheet and then adjust and press each one separately

test color squares.png

test pic.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
converting to sublimation inks will not void your warranty,
just keep your OEM carts and re-insert before getting warranty work

get a set of xl refillable carts and either sublimation ink/pigment ink bottles (and hopefully icc's to match)
cartridges here (check the Britain sub-forum here for other suppliers of ink/paper/cartridges)

the alarm clock inks are still the dura-brite pigment inks with a new name (stupid name imo),
so you can use these for transfer papers, but your yellow will shift colors (so that means anything that uses yellow, greens, oranges, etc.)
so you have to adapt and do testing to fit your graphics program, screen colors, and finished pressed output on the garment)
test graphics below (open in new tab/window, right-click, then save as), shrink them down to get 4 per sheet and then adjust and press each one separately
Ah ok, just that I saw videos on fitting a sublimation continuous ink system for Epson workforce printers and when going through the options they mentioned that using 3rd party inks can void the warranty. Wouldn't it have it in the system that a 3rd party ink cartridge was installed/used?

Thanks for the heads up on the British sub-forum. Found some excellent helpful stuff there.

I saved the picture files as advised but the bit where you said "you have to adapt and do testing to fit your graphics program, screen colours, and finished pressed output on the garment" Sincere apologies but could you explain a little more in detail on how to go about doing this, please? 🤔

·
Administrator
14,174 Posts
Ah ok, just that I saw videos on fitting a sublimation continuous ink system for Epson workforce printers and when going through the options they mentioned that using 3rd party inks can void the warranty. Wouldn't it have it in the system that a 3rd party ink cartridge was installed/used?
Until you convert to sublimation, you could use genuine Epson cartridges. But if you plan on printing in volume, you'll go broke doing this.

Once you convert to sublimation, you'll have no choice but to use 3rd party ink. Epson doesn't make sublimation cartridges for that printer.

These are throwaway printers. $200 bucks. I wouldn't worry about warranty.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
if you are using the original carts then your colors will not come out the same when heat pressed,
so you either buy ink where they give you a color profile (icc), pay to have one made, or test different settings to achieve a protocol on your graphics program that is as close as possible to your screen colors

in the usa, you cannot void your warranty by using third party inks
think of using a different brand of oil in your car, or tires, or antifreeze, any consumable,
but changing the engine/printhead will void the warranty

you can take your old cartridges and get them re-filled and that is not epson ink,
or buy pre-filled third party cartridges and neither of these voids the warranty

i would recommend not getting the continuous ink system, get the xl refillable cartridges

1 - 5 of 5 Posts