T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am trying to find out what the best bulk ink delivery system is for the Epson 1280. I have already ordered magic mix inks. They don't sell a delivery system anymore. I would appreciate any inputs

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
OnAWing - Last week I ordered the Epson 1280, Magic Mix ink and a bulk ink system from shopdyesub.com. The only thing I haven't received yet are the inks but I should (hopefully) be getting those today. I'll let you know how the ink system works as soon as I get everything set up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
sounds like you have the same setup as me. I hope it works great for you. I would love to here about your results

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found some refillable cartriges from theprintvillageshop.com. I am going to try them first. they may not hold near the volume but the price w/shipping was under $40. I thought It would be worth it to try and I am not doing a huge number of shirts right now anyway.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm back with an update.

I just got everything set up today (new Epson 1280, bulk ink system from shopdyesub.com and Magic Mix ink) and it seems to work just fine. My only complaint is the way Photoshop images are printing from the Epson. The colors are whack but I guess I've got to play around with the settings. The weird thing is the same colors print just fine from Illustrator.

Anyway, the bulk ink system came with very detailed installation instructions with plenty of photos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could you tell me how much does a print cost with theese ink systems?
I think you have some experience about how many pages do you print with how much ink.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back with update,
the cartridges I ordered are junk so I ordered the bulk system from shopdyesub.com hope it works as well for me as it does you. Also for nsane's question I found some pretty good price break downs on the same web site. Its useing there ink prices but none the less its the best breakdown I've seen to date and the numbers are impressive.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Any update on the buk systems???

I think there are a few of us waiting to see how they work out. I think a few are contemplating buying a cis system.

Hope they work out great.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
majkthreads said:
Any update on the buk systems???
The one I got from shopdyesub.com is still performing fine. No problems thus far but I've only had it about a week. I perform a nozzle check before each print and turn the printer off when I'm not using it.

nsane said:
Could you tell me how much does a print cost with theese ink systems?
Not really but I found this on the shopdyesub website: "
When you purchase one, 4 oz. bottle of ink, it is approximately the equivalent of 10 cartridges of usable ink. There are a few exceptions to this rule, such as the 980, which uses larger cartridges.The cost of printing with a continuous ink system will allow you to print for about 1/10 the cost of cartridges."

·
Registered
30 Posts
OnAWing - Last week I ordered the Epson 1280, Magic Mix ink and a bulk ink system from shopdyesub.com. The only thing I haven't received yet are the inks but I should (hopefully) be getting those today. I'll let you know how the ink system works as soon as I get everything set up.
Hey Queerrep,
I'm getting together the same system, Epson 1280 with CIS and Magic Mix inks. Would love to know which transfer papers you are using for lights and darks.

Thanks,
Carol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts