T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am totally new to this and have become rather overwhelmed/confused about all the options available. Right now, I am looking at heat transfers to shirts for personal use, but in '09 I will be publishing a game and want to be able to sell shirts of a reasonable quality at conventions. However, I can't really afford to buy any equipment, so all I've got is a pair of HP inkjets and a regular old iron. I'd like to use a transfer with the softest hand and best durability possible, but it seems like the best ones require a laser printer and/or heat press. I realize I can't get top-notch results without investing more money in this, but I'd really appreciate some advice on what is the best option for the equipment I currently have. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I know that the JPSS paper can me used with a hand iron. I think the ink in the HP printers may be the issue. If you could get a c120 epson (they are about $40 from the epson site) the ink will be perfect for transfers. I will say with a iron the pressure and heat will be much harder to achieve, but not impossible. .... JB

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
also consider outsourcing the transfer...then apply yourself....or just outsource the entire operation..that may not give you the profit you want, but you don't have to worry about mistakes and shirts that you mess up

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Charles is correct you can outsource and not do any work. You would make less profit, but you have no work involved other than the order and delevery process. .... JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts