T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently picked up an Epson 2200. What is the best film positive paper to use for this printer? Where do purchase the sheets? Then what paper choice do I use in the custom print box in order to get the darkest film possible?
Thanks, CB

·
Registered
333 Posts
I recently picked up an Epson 2200. What is the best film positive paper to use for this printer? Where do purchase the sheets? Then what paper choice do I use in the custom print box in order to get the darkest film possible?
Thanks, CB
You must use films for an inkjet printer. The sheets are usually sold in packs of 100 pieces. They come in several sizes usually starting from 8.5 x 11 up to 13 x 19. Some are in rolls if your printer support rolls, this might be more economical. The film doesn't determine the ink coverage, it is your printer. Your printer may need a rip software for best ink coverage, but you may be able to get away with it by playing with your printer settings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beware on what you buy. I have an epson 2200 for the last 5+ years. It's a great printer, but need to use the approved paper or else it will smear. Even photo paper needs to be epson's brand. I am searching right now to find what transparency film will work, so I will post if I find something that works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Found it and works beautifully! Online at Ryonet:

Premium WaterProof Positive Film WP+

Waterproof WP+ film

Thanks to Ryan for explaining what to buy and the correct settings to use to print on the Epson 2200!

Set the paper settings to Premium Glossy Paper. And I can use my regular black ink, no special ink cartridges.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howdy!
I was at the Indy show, met w/Ryonet, they said use Standard R-Film, but you say use WP R-Film. Their product guide says either will work. Can you explain the difference between the two? THX!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was at that show too! Not sure what the exact difference is. All I know is that what I have works. Below is the emails back and forth from Ryan at Ryonet:

I've never used that rip before, not sure if it is a screen printing compatible rip, but either way you want to go with the WP+ if you are using the standard epson ink, it is the best stuff on the market right now, you will still have to use your best printer settings and best paper settings are PREMIUM GLOSSY PHOTO PAPER.

Hope this helps

Ryan

Sent: Mon 9/1/2008 8:22 PM
To: Ryonet Sales Department
Subject: Re: Film Question

Wow thanks for the quick response. I do have the Epson Stylus Rip Professional software installed. (I'm a graphic designer before a screen printer :) Not sure what the difference is. Which film do you suggest I get?

Thanks again.

On Sep 1, 2008, at 10:12 PM, Ryonet Sales Department wrote:

Water proof plus is designed to work with standard epson ink (pigment ink), it should work fine with your printer, I have a 2200 but I use fast ink and accurip, I've used fast rip in the past too, are you using it with a rip, if so the WP+ would work much better iwth accurip than fast rip.

Thanks and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Ryan
Silk Screening Supplies .com, screen printing equipment, silk screen printing kits

Sent: Mon 9/1/2008 7:31 PM
To: Ryonet Sales Department
Subject: Film Question

Can you tell me if your R-Film will work in my Epson 2200 without special ink? I use my printer for regular paper printing often, and not sure if I want to be switching between inks all the time. So I'm trying to find a solution.

Thanks.

R-Film WP+, 8.5"x14" 100Pk 5 Mil Water Proof Positive Film
Item No. WPPLUS8.5X14

·
Registered
55 Posts
i think the water proof film is if it gets wet your image want wash off,,,none water proof if water hits it it smears the ink...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts