T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what types of file formates are best to work from - png, jpg, etc..? We use a brother 541.
thank you

·
Registered
225 Posts
what types of file formates are best to work from - png, jpg, etc..? We use a brother 541.
thank you
Since the Brother 541 does not support white ink, it does not benefit the transparency that png would offer. Jpg is probably a great way to go for the following reasons. Most of your customers know what a jpg file is, they are smaller to email and more universally understood by all software.

with transparency (png offers this)

(no tranparency - png and jpg)

Though png is a loss-less compression format (meaning there is no loss when the image is compressed upon saving), it is unlikely you will see better results using png vs jpg. The png files will also be larger when saved or emailed

However, for Direct Garment printers that support white ink, png is an excellent format.

Reactions: sodi

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
My two preferences are vector or jpeg saved at at least 200dpi. I really prefer vector though because if something needs to be changed it is very easy by ungrouping. Very rarely do I ever get images that are perfect and print ready, even though the customer thinks they are :) expecially when I am printing images with white ink.

Reactions: sodi
1 - 5 of 5 Posts