T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy some sort of printer to make transfers. These transfers must be washable up to 60°c minimum. I have orders for 100 t-shirts with individual names on them so a printer is a good idea.
I know I must use a special "vinyl" for this but what type I dont know.
Must be able to print onto black shirts too.
Any thoughts from out there????

Earl

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cutter would be Roland GX 24 or if you have the money buy one of the printer cutters. On dark shirts I do mostly vinyl designs with siser easy weed. Coastal Business and Specialty Graphics are both in the vendor section and have nice discounts and fast shipping. Jet for darks is the paper and you need and optic eye to cut it which Roland has. Hope this helps

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lisa, Thanks for that but that is nearly what I do now.
Vinyl for 1 or 2 colour designs and Sublimation onto flock for multi colour.
I use the GX24 too. Problem is when there is a quantity to print. Dye sub is good but takes a long time and the ink is expensive.
I am looking at the Versacamm series from Roland but that is expensive and I dont know if it will do the job .
Probably what I should look for is the material to print on. Do wash tests and take it from there. Problem is that nearly all my big print jobs are for workwear and this needs to be washed at a high temp.
Earl

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have you checked into getting transfers made for you? I have been using PRo Line and they are easy to work with and I have had great success with them. Sorry I wasn't more of a help. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts