T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Stahls Hottronix 16 x 20 heat presses seem to be all sold for the same price. I guess Stahls does not allow them to sell below MRSP. Does anyone know of a dealer that runs specials or free shipping. I'am looking to buy a Swing or Clam by end of August. Just seems odd that in a competitive world nobody makes a deal on them. I would also by a floor model or used one if you have one.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is one on E-bay right now that's up in about 3 hours that is 2 months old and has the auto open feature for 1000.00 no bids w/ lots of extras.
Probably 1700.00 retail brand new Excellent deal for sure

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im looking for 16"x20" Hotronix Swing as well, prices are ridiculous... I've been mailing/chatting with most major suppliers and i cannot either believe none can drop a dollar or give a good deal (im from sweden)

imprintables above doesn't replies on emails which is bad customer service

do you guys have other suppliers than major ones to talk to ? tried imprintables, coastal, fm... ebay even stahls.com and their europe office asking for a dent one but no luck there either =(

doesn't anybody who have Hotronix in stock want to sell ??? need shipment to Sweden

somebody oughta got a deal with stahl ?!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
If you want to buy a swinger away press for a decent price, I would check out a used one. The heating elements are all built to last forever and any other part can be replaced. I would buy a used one and save money. I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. ..... JB

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where to look for a used one ??? Can anyone recommend any sites that sells used Hotronix Swinger, been looking classifieds here but not very common... any directions welcome

Your 2cents are most welcome =)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honestly you don't see them for sale much. It's one of the highest end presses( of the 16x20's) and they are rare. People hold onto them forever due to the durability and the functionality.
Might be better off buying new knowing you have a great tool for life.

Steve
Masco Sportswear

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I bought mine on Ebay for $450 and have used it for over 5 years. I had one issue and Stahls fixed it free of charge. I was considering selling it, but I changed my mind. I have made several Thousands of dollars with it and it 's still worth more than I paid for it. I say Buy used, but buy smart. There is a limit to how much you pay for used equipment. ..... JB

·
Registered
40 Posts
Frightening how big companies treat us little guys... not a single one i've talked to could give me any discount on an Hotronix Swinger, nothing

Would make a great gesture and keep loyal returning customers by offering a good deal on a press, seems they rather have them as shelves warmers collecting dust !!! Maybe Stahls is too big like Microsoft and Volvo and only sells new machinery with crazy prices only suppling already top hot shots, thank god i dont drive Volvo =) or not using Microsoft products

Its pitty great customer service is out the window nowadays in order for big companies to make more money... thanks for the word

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Frightening how big companies treat us little guys... not a single one i've talked to could give me any discount on an Hotronix Swinger, nothing

Would make a great gesture and keep loyal returning customers by offering a good deal on a press, seems they rather have them as shelves warmers collecting dust !!! Maybe Stahls is too big like Microsoft and Volvo and only sells new machinery with crazy prices only suppling already top hot shots, thank god i dont drive Volvo =) or not using Microsoft products

Its pitty great customer service is out the window nowadays in order for big companies to make more money... thanks for the word
I think the price on the Stahls presses are pretty reasonable considering they last the better part of 10 years. $1595/10 years = $159.50 per year/ 12 months = $13.30 per month (not to bad if you ask me)

You can probably cover $13.30 by running just two shirts a month.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are many more things in the business that costs more than that.
Try buying
6/4 sation press 6000.00
24/8 dryer at 3500.00
exposure unit @ 1500.00
and the list goes on.
Buy 1 quality heat press for 1500.00 and you can bypass all those other costs.
Not to mention it lasts.

You can always get on e-bay and gamble at those presses. Not a very safe bet

Steve

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Some of the forum sponsors offer discounts to forum members. Look in the preferred vendor link on the left. Roll down to the bottom of the page for discount information.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should call Stahls' direct....ask them if they have any demo units for sale. They might even have a warranty, but probably not free shipping....what's in it for them if there is free shipping anyway. The savings might cancel out the shipping cost.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I know that the Stahls Hottronix 16 x 20 heat presses seem to be all sold for the same price. I guess Stahls does not allow them to sell below MRSP. Does anyone know of a dealer that runs specials or free shipping. I'am looking to buy a Swing or Clam by end of August. Just seems odd that in a competitive world nobody makes a deal on them. I would also by a floor model or used one if you have one.

Thanks
Yes, I do know of vendors who sell for a lower cost than what you've seen.

There is a preferred vendor list on THIS forum and from the presses you're considering, you can get $68-$78 dollars off the price of the press, plus free shipping within the continental US.

But, you have to do a little searching here to get the deal. Let's see if you find it. :)

AB

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Yes, I do know of vendors who sell for a lower cost than what you've seen.

There is a preferred vendor list on THIS forum and from the presses you're considering, you can get $68-$78 dollars off the price of the press, plus free shipping within the continental US.

But, you have to do a little searching here to get the deal. Let's see if you find it. :)

AB

Lol, hopefully this won't be too difficult, because I already pointed to it in a previous post. :D ;) :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts