T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I'm new to these forums and to designing T-shirts for print. I do have a reasonably good understanding of digital imaging techniques however. What I'm wanting to do, specifically, is use Zazzle to print a design on a dark T-shirt. The design has a component where one color will fade into the color of the shirt. I know that Zazzle cannot print transparency directly, so I'm assuming I have to use a dithering or halftone technique.

I'm using Photoshop to create the design, and it offers a range of options for creating halftone patterns, so I'm a little uncertain as to which "halftone screen" settings (frequency, angle, shape) to use.

Consider for instance a simple radial gradient - a single solid color in the center that simply fades into the color of the shirt toward the outside.

Has anyone done this type of thing using Zazzle? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

-Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So no one has printed the gradient on a Zazzle dark T-shirt? I'd sure like to avoid a trial and error approach to this. Anyone?

-Steve

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
So no one has printed the gradient on a Zazzle dark T-shirt? I'd sure like to avoid a trial and error approach to this. Anyone?

-Steve
It's possible that no one here has yet, but you can also try the official Zazzle forums on their own site.
Zazzle Forum

Another way to get answers would be to email them your question directly. They may have done tests already or know someone that has.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts