T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personalized Supplies/TLM is apparently out of stock for the bulk ink systems. Can I buy the bulk ink system somewhere else and still use Magic Mix ink. Any suggestions on where to buy the system and will it work with Magic Mix? Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
it's time to ditch the epson. in the last 5 years... i have gone through 6 epson printes trying to find one that works well CONTINUOUSLY with a CIS....a 2200... two 1280's... two r280s... and now my six month old 1400.

between myself, my epson repairman, and my CIS & ink vendor... we have pretty much figured out that it's a motherboard issue... a failsafe built in to prevent the use of a CIS....

·
Registered
5 Posts
So the fail safe is in the epson printer's motherboard?? I am considering buying a 1280 and a cis. What kind of problems were you having?

·
Registered
20 Posts
it's always the same problem... and keep in mind that these are different epson printers, different CIS' and different inks.

they print beautifully for a while... but then the banding starts... most often with the cyan... and it doesn't go away.

i had the head replaced on my first 1280... and after a few months it did it again... and no one can seem to figure out why?

i finally confessed to my epson repair guy that i'm using a CIS and he told me that that's the problem. epson makes their money selling ink... not printers. and they are constantly trying to devise ways to foil the CIS users.

they are actually a pretty devious company. their ink cartridges have "expiration dates"... so you can't store them for more than a a few months...

yeah... i guess i have an attitude with epson... over a thousand dollars worth of printers sitting here and use the 1400 for anything that doesn't have cyan... the r260 for anything without magenta, and a r280 with epson cartridges for full color work.

so unless someone can tell me where i'm goiing wrong... i'm defianately not going to recomend epson.

i'm going to try a kodak next... they use pigment ink and the cartridges are less then half of what epson charges...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, xtees. I'm certainly interested in getting a cis. But i want to make sure that I get something that works. I currently work for a copy center and get discounts on printed materials. I've been thinking of taking advantage of that and using the color copiers at work. I'm hoping to get back into screen printing in the next few years. But until then, I've been doing small runs with a little inkjet printer and the cheap-o paper from michaels. But I have an oppertunity to make some more serious money, but its gonna take more than what i have at the moment.
When do you think you willl get a kodak? Are you looking at any particular model?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts