T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im just getting in to the design bus. i have some good ideas and now i want to buy a descent inkjet printer and heat press.
I dont know anything yet regarding what equip i need besides these 2 items. Like the transfer paper. What is the best budget set up for a beginner?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I run my own group on facebook for mentoring in this and other areas. And i use a espon wf 7610 and a hp officejet pro series 8630 printer. They both use stock Pigment inks and i print on jpss transfers for white and light colored clothing and the yhave a 3g opaque for darks and pastels but i prefer to just do white and lights due tohow they feel.. I get my epson refills from cobraink. great quality for this /

IF your wanting to do mugs,license plates etc then you will need to get into sublimation with the epson Wf series. The newest printer out is a epson wf 7710 and 7720. Difference is just one has an extra paper tray( 7720). The biggest issue with sub inks is they can clog up if you dont use them enough, and they will sometimes . Its just how the sub inks work. Even on more expensive sawgrass printers.

But going with pigment inks will give you much more wash life than sub will only because pigment inks are permanent against water and dye based Sub isnt. The type of transfers for sub inks tries to help protect the water based inks , but they will not last like pigment will. I have oiver 60 washes on most of the shirts i have done and they still look awesome .

If you want to pm me you can and if your on facebook ,I can get you into my group. I have amazing members. According to my members,its the best on facebook due to how i run it and the info that is available to you .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for responding. I will only be doing 100% cotton tshirts.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi, thanks for responding. I will only be doing 100% cotton tshirts.

then just go with a pigment printer like an epson wf 7610 so you can print up to a 13x19. Most other regular printers only will do a 8.5x11. And get the XXL refill kit from cobraink. Feel free to pm me and i can shoot you my email and contact info and i can get you setup 100% for all you need etc .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gonna pass on the epson right now, way over my budget, im looking for something $150-$200

·
Registered
429 Posts
"Hi, im just getting in to the design bus. i have some good ideas and now i want to buy a descent inkjet printer and heat press."
It is helpful to know your 'good ideas' so the best help can be provided.
For example, what is the size if images to be printed?
One color, pictures, or SVG?
Now, are you going to need a lot of hand holding or are you willing to fail your way to success. This willingness opens the door to real budget friendly solutions, but you will be the only support available.
Be aware, it will prove expensive to save too much money. Get the wide format printer and nothing less than a 15x15 press from ProWorld. If you go cheaper do so knowing it will be curb trash soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Hi, im just getting in to the design bus. i have some good ideas and now i want to buy a descent inkjet printer and heat press."
It is helpful to know your 'good ideas' so the best help can be provided.
For example, what is the size if images to be printed?
One color, pictures, or SVG?
Now, are you going to need a lot of hand holding or are you willing to fail your way to success. This willingness opens the door to real budget friendly solutions, but you will be the only support available.
Be aware, it will prove expensive to save too much money. Get the wide format printer and nothing less than a 15x15 press from ProWorld. If you go cheaper do so knowing it will be curb trash soon.
one color for now, small designs, a 15x15" press would be good. how about some budget printer leads?

·
Registered
441 Posts
gonna pass on the epson right now, way over my budget, im looking for something $150-$200

Ive been into this a for a few years and im very informative on this and there is a reason why they are more than a regular based inkjet prinnter ,So you better make sure all the inks are PIGMENT and not dye based if you venture on your own..Even if it says Pigment Black,doesnt mean the colors are pigment. Good luck. There really isnt anything unless its on sale by luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts