T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Does anyone have any experience with Belquette? I understand their machine is a modified epson (like most dtg's) and I understand their main selling point is the ability to print on multiple subtrates (like crown molding).

Any info on the machine or the company in general would be great!

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Mike,

Belquette actually makes two printers: Flexi-Jet and the Mod-1. You might want to check out their website and try to determine which one works for you and then post it. I know that there are some active members of this forum that own the Flexi-Jet and would probably willing to answer any questions you might have. Here is their website - www.belquette.com.

By the way, all printers have the ability to print on hard substrates. Just some of them are designed to handle larger items with having the front and back open.

Hope this helps.

Mark

·
Registered
105 Posts
Right now I am very leary of belquette. I have had a printer at their place for repair for 2 weeks now. they said they would look at it within 2 days before I sent to them. Now they have it and I am getting many excuses on why no one is working on it. I only ask they be honest about when they can work on it, or I will have it shipped somewhere else if cannot work on it in timely fashion. So far no definitive date. Communication is a weak point dealing with them. If you do get in contact with someone "Renee" seems very nice but follow through has not been what I am expecting so far. I am hoping to get a reply to my timely question soon. Will keep you posted on my experience.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Randy,

I appologize for this taking long to get back to you but, like many companies, schedules get hectic around the holidays.

As for your printer it has become much more involved than originally expected. I do not know where the packaging came from but the shipping packaging was quite inadequete and (most likely) caused extensive structural damage to the printer. As Renee has mentioned our printers are all shipped with protective packaging and strapped to a pallet. Unfortunately, when we received the printer it was somewhat loose in an oversized box, without a pallet and laying on it's side. When we first opened it up the printhead was off of the capping station and would not go back onto it because it was hitting the back section of the right ink bay. It appears that the frame has been twisted and will need extensive work. I'm not sure if this is how you received the printer when you bought it from the repo company, but it did not have the original shipping packaging.

When Renee was working with you over the phone initially she was under the assumption that this printer just needed some updated firmware written to the motherboard and the printhead checked out. This is a very straight forward and quick process for us. I know that she mentioned to you that the printer would be finished today as our technician is able to concentrate on it, however, due to the damage we will have to see just what the extent of the repair is.

Sorry for this bad news but we have had machines come back to us from second owners and repo companies who were not over concerned what shape the equipment is in, just that they get the sale done. We'll work with you to get your printer back and running.

Mark!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts