T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Maybe you could compare the sizing chart for Bella with other brands.

From what I've seen, the Bella seem more "truer" to size than other ladies t-shirt brands (besides Hanes).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
My partner finds they run larger than e.g. American Apparel. I certainly wouldn't have thought of them as smaller than other tees.

As Rodney said comparing the sizing chart should help, although unfortunately that never tells the whole story (cut/style and body shape tend to make a difference).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a size chart for Bella from ssactivewear.com. It shows the width for a small to be 12 3/4" and it increases 1/2" per size. The Quail Hollow ladies tee by Delta Apparel shows a small at 18" and increases 2' per size. The guy who faxed me the chart said Bella runs almost 2 sizes smaller than others. I was still surprised by the difference in the starting size and how they increase.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I haven't compared them, but I carry Bella almost exclusively and they run a little bit smaller than other brands I've seen, like Great Republic. Most customers say they look tiny. They are more along the lines of junior miss sizing and are intended to be a tight-fitting contour on the body. I suggest to my customers that if they like a looser fit (probably like Hanes?) then to order 1 size larger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am finding the issue with ladies shirts being too small with many, many brands. American Aparel, Bella, American Apparel, Anvil...etc. This seems to be consistent in the industry, so my company tells our customers the dress size of what means a medium. for example a small is 0-2 medium 4-6 large 8-10. this seems to help. Also letting the customers know if it will shrink in the dryer is another issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, they really do run small. However, Bella shirts are my favorite ones thus far. Kind of expensive...but, quality for sure. Does anyone else have a favorite that's better the Bella.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts